Rihannsu
# 11
04-26-2013, 02:21 PM
So, just to confirm, No unique skin for Omega stf costumes, groundside?
Career Officer
# 12
04-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Was DStahl not available to answer these? This Ask Cryptic felt so sterile.
Captain
# 13
04-26-2013, 02:22 PM
honestly, I found this one of the more interesting Ask Cryptics in a while. While much the same "PR spin" we have come to expect there were some interesting little nuggets for me.

Quote:
Q: (westx211) Will there be playable liberated Borg Romulans for Lifetime Subscribers?

STO Team: Yes! More details will be provided in our upcoming blog about Lifetime Subscriber/ Veteran/ Gold Member rewards.
I am both surprised and delighted at the straight and succinct answer here. Great to see Roms getting there liberated Borg.

Quote:
Q: (kekvin) How much VO work will Denise Crosby be doing for the new faction?

STO Team: A lot! She is reprising her role as Empress Sela and is featured in several episodes, narrates the Tau Dewa Sector Block introduction, and will congratulate Romulan Republic players upon rank up. I get chills every time I hear her speak in-game.
In a word, Fascinating. I hope this means we will get more in the Sela mystery and intrigue with regards to all the hanky panky Hakeev has been up to.

I can't wait to get into more of the Romulan Republic storyline, When is phase two of beta testing going to be?
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 14
04-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
It?s delightful that Sela congratulates us when we reach a new rank, that we gained by obliterating her minions, ships and plans !
While Denise voices Empress Sela, it's not Sela congratulating you. The voice just happens to be narrated by Denise Crosby.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 15
04-26-2013, 02:25 PM
To summarize the answers in this Ask Cryptic:

Wait for the Blogs, damn you !
Career Officer
# 16
04-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
While Denise voices Empress Sela, it's not Sela congratulating you. The voice just happens to be narrated by Denise Crosby.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
But.... but.... *runs away crying*

*comes back triumphant* I don't care, it's Sela if I want her to be Sela !
Rihannsu
# 17
04-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Kind of like how spock congratulates us through time, space and reality?

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 18
04-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Q: (psiamesse) How high on the whiteboard is the Exploration revamp for STO?

STO Team: With the success of the Foundry, in many ways player authored missions has become the Exploration content within Star Trek Online. Now that Foundry missions offer valuable rewards, they are much higher quality episodes than the Genesis maps that were shipped at launch. Sometime in the next two years, we would like to leverage the popularity of the Foundry as a legitimate way to explore the galaxy.

The Foundry.

Sometime in the next two years.

That is disappointing.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Republic Veteran
# 19
04-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Best item from the article?

Denise Crosby narrations for the Tau Dewa sector and the Romulan level up congratulations. That's just awesome!
Rihannsu
# 20
04-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Someone half asked the question I was interested in.

Will there be any new Tholian events /stf's/ fleet actions etc to go with the Nakura marks. Even if not directly at launch? A new rep system needs at least one event new event i think.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission