Empire Veteran
# 21
04-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Rawr 2 months of no answered questions of mine. Oh well, looking forward to the VO by Denise.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Commander
# 22
04-26-2013, 01:36 PM
So much for the big Klingon update .

Level 1-50 will be a serious grindfest again, like after launch.
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Career Officer
# 23
04-26-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Q: (xlocutusofborgx) Will the Romulan faction have their own unique ground STF gear?

STO Team: While members of the Romulan Republic can build reputation with Task Force Omega, they will be gaining access to the STF gear of their allies.
It's such a shame that the question asked my my Fleet Leader resulted in such dissapointment. I sincerely hope this is rectified in the future and the Romulans get their own version of the MACO/HG gear.

As for the rest of of it, I am pretty satisfied - Confirmation of Female Remans, Liberated Borg Romulans, New KDF ships, Missions etc.

As for the talk of a Hugh-type Borg faction; Stop that. Right now. You know that the Cardassians are a more profitable option anyway.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Career Officer
# 24
04-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Q: (originpi) Will Romulans who have selected Federation allies and Romulans who have selected Klingon allies be able to join Teams together? If so, which allies (if any) would also be able to join the team?

STO Team: Due to the way that teams and open teams function in Star Trek Online, once a Romulan selects an ally, they will not be able to create a team with another Romulan who chose a different ally unless they are in an event queue.

What this means is that Romulans who have selected different allies will be unable to team for specific episodes in the Romulan storyline, but will be able to team for events and fleet actions where cross-faction teaming is allowed.
Thank you, you have finally confirmed what I have been saying all along, the Romulan Republic is not a true faction, but a sub-faction of the Federation and KDF.

If it was a true faction then Romulans would not be split by an invisible line that divides the other 2 "factions".
Captain
# 25
04-26-2013, 01:45 PM
Does this mean we will be able to deploy more then 1 pet?

Like an epohh and an alfa canine at once? Pretty please?
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Career Officer
# 26
04-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
If we cannot access the Tier 5 ships from our allies' shipyard, why bother with having the players choose an ally? According to one of the previous posts, the original reason you are forced to make an alliance is for endgame content. As a result of this one particular change, the main reason for the alliance is now irrelevant.

Can someone explain why this has changed?
As far as I understand it, the main reason for the alliance is for Romulans to have access to the fleet advancement system. I don't see the point in playing as a Romulan if you want to fly a non-Romulan ship. And by dev definition, ships are not content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboholic View Post
Thank you, you have finally confirmed what I have been saying all along, the Romulan Republic is not a true faction, but a sub-faction of the Federation and KDF.

If it was a true faction then Romulans would not be split by an invisible line that divides the other 2 "factions".
Other than sharing the fleet advancement system, the Romulans are there own full faction. Yes the alliance prevents Romulans of differing alliances from teaming, but that doesn't make them not a full faction otherwise. A necessary evil. If we ever get a Romulan starbase that may change, but it has also been stated by devs that the main reason for not having 3 completely separate factions is to prevent 1vs1vs1 PvP. They just want red team and blue team.

Last edited by odyssey47; 04-26-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Commander
# 27
04-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks3052 View Post
So much for the big Klingon update .

Level 1-50 will be a serious grindfest again, like after launch.
I think you missed the part where the Klingons are getting a tutorial, new KDF specific episodes and adapted stories from the Cardassian front. The amount of episodes that They'll have in the end will be on par to the Romulans from what I see on Tribble.
Captain
# 28
04-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
While Denise voices Empress Sela, it's not Sela congratulating you. The voice just happens to be narrated by Denise Crosby.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Some how that is even more Intriguing. Does this Disembodied voice that is not Sela's have a character attached to it, or are we just being treated to more Denise Crosby goodness?
Career Officer
# 29
04-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Not many questions answered that I feel are more important that effect the game more greatly. For example, lack of bank space and lack of ranks and the fleet system feeling still very archaic with very little control. Can't even manage the Fleet Store like you can with the bank.

"We're doing it wrong, but it's working...."
Career Officer
# 30
04-26-2013, 01:53 PM
Having Denise Crosby voicing a nameless Romulan is fine with me, she seems to be the voice of Romulans. I wished that Patrick Stewart had been the voice for the Feds, especially since it was never established that Spock ever returned from the J.J. Universe. Klingon side, despite Martok being dead, I'd love for J.G. Hertzler to be the voice for the KDF, but of course, Worf would be great as well. There's talk of having him do some voice work from dev interviews, so that may happen.