Starfleet Veteran
# 1 What is wrong with Nemesis?
04-26-2013, 03:32 PM
I love it

apart from the bit when it made me cry ...

Seriously ... why do you guys seem to dislike it soooo much?

Proof that we ALL being MINDCONTROLLED!!! (Possibly 1984 style) Click here to find out more!
Rihannsu
# 2
04-26-2013, 03:34 PM
I for 1 loved it last trek movie to me
the age of launcher... is over...!! the time of the ARC has come!!!!!!!!!
One ARC to rule them all, One ARC to find them,
One ARC to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
actual joining date = no one cares!!!!
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
04-26-2013, 03:34 PM
I don't hate it. It isn't great. It isn't good. Its ok.

I DO hate ST V.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
04-26-2013, 03:42 PM
It kinda lacks energy, is the best way I can describe whats wrong with it. One of the reasons I enjoy ST2009, is it brought energy back to the franchise after a lackluster entry.

However I don't dislike Nemesis. I don't dislike any Trek.
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!
Captain
# 5
04-26-2013, 03:47 PM
I enjoyed the movie. It had one of the best battle scenes, well the last half of the movie was the battle. However, it does lack from a director who cut way too much out that would've helped the movie.
Captain
# 6
04-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Nemesis was an OK action film but the ending - Picard so paralyzed with grief at the death of his clone that he can't move and is going to let his entire crew on the Enterprise die - has to rank as one of the worse moments of any Trek captain ever. It completely erases all 7 years of his TNG heroism, IMO.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Survivor of Remus
# 7 Nemesis is so cool
04-26-2013, 04:39 PM
I love Nemesis, its whole reason why i got the STO Legacy Pack, Remans!

I love that music i got the entire CD soundtrack for my warbirds.

If Tom Hardy wanted to before Bane he could play one hell of a Jean Luc Picard in a

remake like the current ones for TNG. I almost had chills when he order tea almost like

Picard.....but evil.

Donatra is hot, too bad she got assimuted in the game.....what a waste of beauty.

B4 made up for Data being killed off.

For me the movies go

WoK, Generations, First Contact, Voyage Home, 2009, Nemesis, Search for spock,

Undiscovered Country, Motion Picture, Insurection and the Final Crapteir
Career Officer
# 8
04-26-2013, 04:40 PM
What's wrong with Nemesis?

I dunno.

A Picard clone who looks nothing like Picard is created by Romulans for some sinister purpose and is immediately abandoned on Remus and somehow manages to get his hands on the ultimate warship and a hideous WMD without the Tal Shiar finding out and infiltrates the Romulan navy and senate to gain allies for his plot to take over the empire and then somehow finds a Soong-type android that predates Lore which he uses to bait Picard and his attack buggy into a confrontation so he can steal his blood.

You tell me whats wrong with that.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
04-26-2013, 04:47 PM
A biologically impossible clone is part of the problem
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-26-2013, 04:51 PM
The worst thing about Nemesis is that it killed TNG. I could have forgiven a lot if that hadn't happened.

(OTOH, everyone is evidently pretty happy to be doing their own thing these days, so I can't fault it too much for that)