Captain
# 11
04-26-2013, 04:58 PM
A lot of the story didn't make sense. Why would any Romulans back Shinzon? If Shinzon and the Remans were enslaved by Romulans why would he want to destroy Earth instead of Romulus? Why would he need a total blood transfusion with 24th century medical technology, if he could be cloned, couldn't the blood just be cloned also? How did he get a ship more powerful then the Enterprise? Its highly unlikely the Remans had the technology or industry to do it themselves so why would the Romulans make it then give it to him?
Captain
# 12
04-26-2013, 05:09 PM
Eh. Still not as bad as Insurrection.
Lieutenant
# 13
04-26-2013, 05:21 PM
The script was dreadful. The whole story was an amateurish attempt to make a Star Trek movie without really understanding star trek. It felt like the screenwriter just watched the other trek movies that were considered decent to great and mashed them together.

I'm pretty generous to bad movies, but Nemesis was worse. When I watched it in the theatre (opening weekend), I ended up just saying to myself which other star trek movie the scene was taken from. Here's a small sample (possible spoilers if you haven't seen it)

Peace with a Hated Enemy (ST6)

Captain's Special Archnemesis, Khan vs Clone (ST2)

Riker kicking the guy of Really High Place (ST3) - Kirk vs Doc Brown was better

Disabled Ship Standoff With Bad Guy using Super Weapon (ST2)

Death of a Friend (ST2)

Rebirth of a Friend (ST3) - Hinted at end with B4

Bad Guy can fire while cloaked (ST6)

Special Sense to Smack Cloaked Enemy (ST6) - Deanna's Mind Reading (which she expressly couldn't do according to cannon) vs the Fart-Seeking Torpedo

Deanna Crashes the Ship (Generations)

I've got to stop because I keep coming up with them. Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't throw a couple whales in there.

It was a scotch taped together plot with an excess of CG special effects. In all honesty, the CG special effects were cool.

What I don't get is why people hate on JJ Trek but accept Nemesis as gospel canon. JJ Trek wasn't perfect, but it wasn't the pile Nemesis was.

And don't get me started on Insurrection.
Republic Veteran
# 14
04-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Seriously Picard killed his freaking double in TNG in that time episode LIKE A BOSS, ohhh but a clone let me take my sweet time and cry.

And young Riker yeah don't mind seeing him shirtless in angel one, but old Riker No No!!! Keep your shirt on....even Old Kirk lerned to keep his shirt on.

another android Really?

Remans.....hey guys you never ever herd of us not once...but here we are, and we want to destroy Earth because they kept us locked in mines......oh wait.

I mean really The Romulans enslaved the Remans, and cloned Picard....but we're gonna Destroy Earth and not destroy Romulus.

It would of been cooler if the Enterprise saved Romulus from the Remans.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Last edited by neoakiraii; 04-26-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Career Officer
# 15
04-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Seriously Picard killed his freaking double in TNG in that time episode LIKE A BOSS, ohhh but a clone let me take my sweet time and cry.
ok this was funny
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Captain
# 16
04-26-2013, 09:34 PM
I found it okay. What I hated was the complete lack of emotional dialog from Data at his most important moment in the film. There were better ways to write it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-26-2013, 09:57 PM
For me, all the Next Gen movies are kinda "meh." Not as bad as Star Trek V, but nowhere near as awesome as Star Trek II.
Captain
# 18
04-26-2013, 10:05 PM
I like it. It has its share of problems, but so do all the Trek movies. And I thought the Remans were AWESOME!
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 19
04-26-2013, 10:28 PM
sander233, marc8219, caelrassto, and neoakiraii pretty much summed up why Nemeshiz is horrendous.

I'd also like to add: Troi mind r4pe scene.

/discussion
/thread

I'm still Romulus_Prime. Joined STO in January 2010.
Career Officer
# 20
04-26-2013, 10:53 PM
One of my key criteria for evaluating/rating Trek episodes and movies is how well they stand up to repeat viewings. IMHO the first JJ film actually holds up better than Nemesis did. Hell, the first 12 minutes of the JJ film alone hold up better than Nemesis.

I loved Nemesis when it first came out, but now I consider it to be right in the middle of the pack, in 5th place at best (behind First Contact, Undiscovered, Khan and JJ-Trek).