Starfleet Veteran
# 1 STO questions
04-27-2013, 02:41 AM
Hi all, and thanks for any help

The questions ...

What are the different servers? (And how do you acsess them?)

And how can you stop your crew from dieing?!

I have an odyssey, and before I know it , half my crew are injured! (No sickbay malfunction either!)
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
04-27-2013, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
Hi all, and thanks for any help

The questions ...

What are the different servers? (And how do you acsess them?)

And how can you stop your crew from dieing?!

I have an odyssey, and before I know it , half my crew are injured! (No sickbay malfunction either!)
The Different servers are Tribble and Redshirt, you access them via this link

you transfer a character from holodeck to the test servers via that link and then you get access to the one you transferred your character to.

There's a Science console called the Biofunction monitor, it helps your crew recover faster, repairing your ship faster, it's quite vital to any ship.

Your medical equipment and science boff skills will effect how fast your crew recover from injuries too.

Lastly, the Engineering console Emergency Force Fields will help your crew not die, but you need so many of them for it to make a difference.

Last edited by jupiter1122; 04-27-2013 at 05:08 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
04-27-2013, 08:19 AM
One thing about crew, the mechanic is basically broken. Crew gets knocked out by percentage, not number, so you bottom out in an carrier with 4000 crew just as fast as you would in a raider with 30. It doesn't recover that way, though, so high crew ships are usually sitting at almost none as you're experiencing, they get knocked down faster than you can recover.
Career Officer
# 4
04-27-2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter1122 View Post
The Different servers are Tribble and Redshirt, you access them via this link....
Though keep in mind that unlike Holodeck, both Tribble & Redshirt are test servers, and characters can be deleted from them at any time...