Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Lots of strings to sort through here so I apologize if this has already been posted. I have had on a few occasions where I will beam down (transition from space to away team) and show up on the planet as my ship and not crewman, and vise versa. While this is somewhat amusing seeing your ship on the ground or you crewman standing in open space, I am sure this is not an intended thing to happen. When it does happen the situation has always rectified itself in about 30 seconds, but during those 30 or so seconds no functions can be performed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2010, 01:25 PM
In addition this can be extremely problematic during missions because none of your officers will beam down too, or they do but get stuck behind a bulkhead or something. I had one instance where onother players officer was caught in a crate in a different room entirely.

On a solo mission at the moment and none of my officers are with me.. and Im finding it next to impossible to complete because even when I kill some klingon targs that attack me they seem to respawn when I do.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2010, 02:00 PM
I've had this every single time I transition today. Yesterday it happened rarely, about 1-20 beam ups and downs. If the problem did happen it would actually auto fix it self after a minute or so.

Today, every transition has failed to properly swap from ship to PC and vice versa. This is followed nearly immediately with a crash to the desktop and an "oops! what happened send your info report to Cryptic" message.

This has become very annoying as I can't do anything like PvP, quests or shop that requires going from ship to PC form.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-15-2010, 02:02 PM
I'll chime in on this one too.

Several times beamed down to a planet, prompted for away team, show up as my ship with no crew. I eventually turn into myself, but my crew is gone. Beaming back up and down fixes it.

Also beam up from the planet and show up in space as myself, not my ship. I can roam around and melee ships, it is most amusing. Kicked a Bird of Prey to death
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macallen View Post
I'll chime in on this one too.

Several times beamed down to a planet, prompted for away team, show up as my ship with no crew. I eventually turn into myself, but my crew is gone. Beaming back up and down fixes it.

Also beam up from the planet and show up in space as myself, not my ship. I can roam around and melee ships, it is most amusing. Kicked a Bird of Prey to death
If only I could run around again instead of crashing to the desktop I'd be happy.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-15-2010, 03:32 PM
I've had the same problem, with it usually leading to a missing away team and having to restart the mission over.