Captain
# 21
04-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
It's a wonder Cryptic haven't provided a mark conversion store.
We have half of it. We can convert marks to dilithium.
Captain
# 22
04-29-2013, 08:35 PM
So I looked at both of the space set bonuses.

Seeing as the Orb Weaver and Recluse are the ONLY lock box/lobi ships without one or more sets that give them special bonuses, at least one of the new Nukara sets (weapon would probably work better since it's less content specific) should get a 3-set bonus that only works on those ships.

Last edited by raptor63549; 04-29-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 23
04-29-2013, 11:05 PM
I would like to see the Tholian Strikeforce renamed to Vanguard Strikeforce. IF they are allowed to that is.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Captain
# 24
04-30-2013, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
I would like to see the Tholian Strikeforce renamed to Vanguard Strikeforce. IF they are allowed to that is.
and why's that?

Gear shots, compliments of Curzon Peers
linkage.

Decent set bonuses, and the two sets synergize nicely. The equipment set appears to be a tanking focused set with the shield power bonus as well as the bonuses to power insulators, HP and shield heals. Weapon set seems fairly decent, Mines seem to do good damage but are slow as hell, and that DBB isn't bad. As a whole, the weapon set seems best for science vessels since it buffs science stats and the shield drain proc benefits from flow cap which science vessels might have a good level of.

Love dat secondary target proc.

Again, as I noted, they missed their chance to give Tholian lockbox/lobi a special set bonus.
I do hope the next fleet asset has a tetryon bonus in a similar fasion to how the embassy that launched with romulan rep gave a plasma damage . Get some synergy between fleet stuff and rep stuff.boost

Last edited by raptor63549; 04-30-2013 at 05:10 AM.
Captain
# 25
04-30-2013, 05:10 AM
I like the deflector, but another resilient shield ? ZzzZzzzZz what about some nice hyper-regenerative one ? I'm not fan of tetryon weapons, but perhaps people will like it.
Captain
# 26
04-30-2013, 05:17 AM
Yeah, we do have a bit of a glut of resilient shields.

Also, I can tell you from experience, tet works reasonably well (can't give hard numbers since STO doesn't log drains) on a science vessel since flow cap magnifies the shield drain proc. Also they need the damage boost from that chain the most. Obviously Tet isn't the best of damage types but it's tholian rep, so what can you do?

Another thing I notice: The equipment 2set will bring disabled weapons back online, but tholians also like to disable engines. it would be nice if the nukara engines had a restart proc link KHG engines or auxillary thrusters (though the latter hits the we already have enough of those issues)

Last edited by raptor63549; 04-30-2013 at 05:25 AM.
Captain
# 27
04-30-2013, 05:29 AM
Maybe it's a little too early for me, but I'm wondering what's the point of this reputation system? Especially if the OP is right and the grind for marks is worse than the Romulan one.

Has anybody looked at the passive traits it adds? Are they any good? My main is a fed engineer in a fleet Defiant. I run the Adapted MACO 2-piece with MACO shield. Is the Tholian set tankier? That might be better given the changes to EPtS. I leveled up both Omega and Romulan reputation systems. I tried both 3 piece weapon sets. I've got a cannon build so I ended up dumping the Romulan set. From what I see the Tholian set also includes a beam, so I probably wouldn't want it.

Are there story missions at each level like the Romulan one? That was the real reason I played it all the way through.
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
04-30-2013, 05:32 AM
Is there still a 20h cooldown on the hard missions on Nukara? If that is the case then the amount of marks they provide should be increased, maybe even doubled.
Career Officer
# 29
04-30-2013, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek93 View Post
I had this problem initially too. So what you have to do is queue up one of the normal Nukara Rep missions which should then allow you to select an upgrade project. That is where the conversion mechanic is (along with the "Turn in 50 marks, get dil" mission). And no you're not dense. I spent a good 10 minutes sitting there going "Why can I only select 2 missions" then I realized it was probably an "Upgrade" mission and spent 5 more minutes thinking "Why is the upgrade slot greyed out. I have my Tholian Mk XII set in my inventory." Finally I just tried slotting a normal rep project and lo and behold the upgrade slot un-greyed out and I could select the conversion mission (15 seconds a piece if I recall correctly?).

TLDR: It's under upgrade missions, but you will have to slot a normal rep project first to get the upgrade slot to open up for mission selection.
Thank you, that helped a bit, of course, now it's moot for testing, but it's there at least .
Captain
# 30
04-30-2013, 05:40 AM
It has the same point as the Romulan rep system: more, different gear.

The passives are interesting. First two tiers either make qeapons ignore 5% shields or increase HP (ground and space respectively). 3 is a choice between a HoT and resistance buff proc, or a DoT and stun proc. Tier 4 either gives you a bonus to weapons training or a bonus to tanking abilites based on your current aux level. The tier 5 is a chain lightning ability.

Like with the gear, if you fly science vessels you may be intrigued, otherwise, meh.