Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
If your experiencing these problems please bump this thread. Thanks in advance and good hunting everyone.
Lt. Commander
This is a post out of desperation. I have about 4 tickets out for multiple days at this point. The GM's are putting resolved on them or just ignoring them which is really kind of disheartening. Especially if this is the customer service we can expect at release.

I created a saurian male at the start of open beta. Due to the patch notes saying we wouldn't be able to rank up new skills I mistakenly thought they were talking about the error message: "There has been an error ranking up your points." I would get when I hit the accept button to save skills on my main character. THIS IS NOT THE CASE. I leveled him up to level 12 WITHOUT SKILLS it was hard and frustrating as hell.

I wouldn't have kept going if they had given us ANY kind of update about this issue. Now I have wasted 40 hours on this guy and didnt realize that there was a problem until I tried to get my next tier of ship. This is a MAJOR GAME BREAKING ISSUE OF THE WORST KIND. (I say worst kind because you dont find out there is a problem until you wasted 40 hours of playtime.)

After realizing I needed to start over I created a new character. A Vulcan science officer. He is able to allocate skill points correctly. HOWEVER I am now unable to get completion updates on missions that I complete. EXAMPLE: I have the Orion patrol quest. I completed Una and Kinjer and got the exp after objective completion for the single patrol mission but it didn't update as checked off on my Orion Patrol mission. I then tried dropping the quest and retaking it. It started me off with the 2 systems I had completed before but after doing Kinjer for the 4th time I had the same results.

I am completely unable to level without this and I have no additional slots to make a new character without deleting my old ones. Which I now have vested multiple hours playing. (Yes I know he'll be wiped the 26th.)

SOME of this I would expect in an open beta. Some of it not at all. Being unable to allocate skills to your main character is a bug that I really dot know how you miss. Either way your alienating your player base by letting them waste countless hours on a bugged toon that probably wont get fixed. At least provide us with an update to let us know your aware of ANY of these problems I listed. I have heard NOTHING yet. There are even multiple posts in this forum about the same subject with NO DEV RESPONSE OR MOD

Its great if you guys get the servers running smooth but if the game is so buggy its unplayable there is little point unless you guys could care less about the game and just want to get to release and make a cash grab. In which case I won't be there to enable.

Please let the Saurians know that help is on the way... or at least tell us that its not getting fixed. People are wasting time and getting frustrated with your product for little reason other than you guys won't talk about it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Be aware that the build on the Open Beta server is not the build the Devs have on thier in-house testing server. If the moderators are marking your tickets as resolved, then there is a good chance the issue has been resolved in an upcoming patch.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-15-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGhuul View Post
Be aware that the build on the Open Beta server is not the build the Devs have on thier in-house testing server. If the moderators are marking your tickets as resolved, then there is a good chance the issue has been resolved in an upcoming patch.

Ahh okay that does explain a few things. Thanks Gar
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-15-2010, 01:57 PM
I read the response from my ticket that says resolved. Resoved to them means that they have gotten the information and are attempting to track down the problem. There are just too many tickets to respond what the resolution actually is. They just want you to be aware that they are aware of the problem and are attemping a resolution.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Here's a question for you though... where did you look to find the response? As far as I can tell I am not recieving any. Or my bug report tickets as not persisting after I lose connection, the server goes down or I log out.

Honestly though, I agree it is unrealistic to expect any kind of response other than automated "Your message was recived."
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-15-2010, 02:10 PM
When I go on to view my ticket, I double click my ticket I want to view. From there you should be able to scroll up and down on any response that was given. In my case it was just a generic response that I was paraphrasing in the post here.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Have you looked in the My Tickets window? It's the last option on the menu that appears when you press the little green Bug button.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-15-2010, 02:17 PM
I'll say this, it's really disheartening when the GMs for the forums don't give responses to any of the Gameplay bug threads except for the ones they start. I can only hope they'll release a new version here in the near future that has corrected some of these problems...the Saurian skill bug has a thread 10 pages long now...that's not something that is missed easily.

At the very least, I'd hope the GMs could come and tell us that these things are being reviewed....lack of response from them (being the intermediary between the players and the developers, you'd think they'd at least be reading some of these threads) can make any player worried.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Ya with all that's going on atm I wouldn't expect a person to person response at all. I just want them to make some sort of announcement be it on the forums or in patch notes that players leveling characters with this bug either need to reroll or at least be aware that when you hit 11 you won't be able to upgrade to your next tier ship.

I didn't even get the promotion to LT. I'm a Grade 11 ensign. :O

Just want to save some other people some time and frustration.