Ensign
# 1 Rule to make about elite
04-27-2013, 11:52 AM
Please make a rule that you have to play 50 normals before you can play elite.

I am getting sick and tired of the amound the play eltie but don't know how to play and **** up the bonus.

We have to wait 1 houre to play again and yes a other ****up who ****s up the bonus.

They realy need to do something about this.
Commander
# 2
04-27-2013, 12:07 PM
QQ much?

Who cares if you don't get the bonus? If your that worried about playing the same crappy mission 9000 times roll with fleet mates or elietestf chan if your a knob job
Commander
# 3
04-27-2013, 12:18 PM
You're only the millionth person to suggest this.

It wouldn't work because Normal STFs (with the possible exception of Infected ground) don't require even the minimal level of tactics that Elites do, so aren't really sufficient as teaching tools unless it's an organised group where one or more person already knows the Elite tactics and applies them.
Captain
# 4
04-27-2013, 01:14 PM
Their are people trying to unlock the title from getting the optional objectives and that not everyone is in a fleet or is in a fleet with people who are interested in doing the missions. Doing public matches is the best,quickest and most reliable way to get games going and it would be nice if people have to complete a mission on normal before unlocking its Elite version that way total noobz to the missions would stop showing up in elite.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
04-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Just play for the Dil.
If you happen to get the optional, great.
But going into a n00b infested pug with the optional as your goal leads to much emotional pain and geek anguish.

For some oddball reason, the n00b magnet is elite Cure Space.
NO to ARC...Keep it in Beta

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Please make a rule that anyone doing under 10k dps as sci/eng or 12k dps as tac can only fly normal stfs until they figure out to be of proper use to the team. I am getting sick and tired of playing with people who can't fit and fly a ship slowing down stfs to a painful pace.
Career Officer
# 7
04-27-2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroramcleod View Post

I am getting sick and tired of the amound the play eltie but don't know how to play and **** up the bonus.

We have to wait 1 houre to play again and yes a other ****up who ****s up the bonus.

No, I refuse to run an alt through 50 normals when I know how to run an elite.

Forcing people to do this is in no way a guaranty they will know how to run elites either. We've already found a solution, stop joining public queues. Join a channel dedicated to running STFs, we have a few. Run with Fleet, I haven't done an STF public queue since around Jan 2012.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Career Officer
# 8
04-27-2013, 03:55 PM
Quote:

Reading your post I get the feeling you're not quite as elite as you think you are. While I am not elite either I can assure that I've taken fresh T4 ships with vendor whites into Elite STFs and done just fine a minute after gettign to lvl 50. What you should be asking for instead is a tab somewhere new players can read that explains what's happening... except doesn't that window pop up already exists?

By the way, Normals are so easy that its quite possible to do 100 of them and never learn anything.

If you want to avoid failing optional you need to communicate with your team more if it looks like you got a loose cannon and/or be good enough to save the day should things go FUBAR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.
Captain
# 9
04-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Regardless of the title, thread such as this are always really about the same thing.

Namely, "Please completely rearrange every single thing in the game so I can decide who is and who is not worthy to play STO. Because I am a 'Leet Dood! An' 'Leet Doods Rool!"

I have often wondered why the Community Moderators, and Branflakes, allow these threads to proliferate. I am not really asking for an explanation here. Nor do I expect to see one. But threads such as this do really get quite tiresome and the abundance of them detracts severely from the quality and reputation of both these boards and the game itself.
Captain
# 10
04-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:

I would support that if it would solve anything, but it doesn't.

Normal STF can be played brain dead. No need for teamwork or communication, knowing the optionals and how to achieve them.

Take cure space for example. You can kill cubes without killing all probes first and laugh at the amount of ships spawned.

Try something like that in elite and there's a good chance you fail completely.

There will always be newbies (new players learning the robes and wiling to learn) and noobs (people who THINK they know everything, don't feel the need to chat or the opposite throw around garbage).

As much as i dislike the concept, if you don't want to risk getting teamed with a noob then grab a team in one of the elite-stf channels.