Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Closed Thread

Empire Veteran
# 11
04-28-2013, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
However, there are rumors (/cough) that the changes to EPtX are but merely part of a larger plan addressing Engineering BOFFs. Without repeating that rumor, I was wondering if there was any official comment in regard to that. If so, it could do wonders to alleviate at least part of the issue being raised.
Interesting. First time I've heard anything on this rumor at all. Or if I did, I forgot already.

But if that's the case, then I hope it is true, in a good way.

Captain
# 12
04-28-2013, 12:35 AM
Quote:
There's countless threads (okay, maybe if I weren't half-asleep I could go count them) on the matter. The devs are well aware of the mass of concerns being levied by those in the playerbase unhappy with what's underway...

...so I'm not going to post about that.

However, there are rumors (/cough) that the changes to EPtX are but merely part of a larger plan addressing Engineering BOFFs. Without repeating that rumor, I was wondering if there was any official comment in regard to that. If so, it could do wonders to alleviate at least part of the issue being raised...

...enjoy your weekend, guys - know that you're working it down to the bones to get this out for everybody.
Perhaps those changes were merely the increase in arc to abilities we have seen eh?

Scary thought.

In all seriousness though the current EPtX is the same as giving all weapon buff boff abilities (CRF/TS/ETC) the same shared cooldown FaW currently has.
Get yer Fleet Gear here!
Military 4 / Engineering 4 / Science 4
Diplomacy 3 / Recruit 3 / Trade 3 / Development 3
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=877071
Captain
# 13
04-28-2013, 12:45 AM
The devs are doing what they can, so we as fans are doing what we can to at least in the faintest of hopes remind them that something needs to be done.

At least, one thing I like about this thread is that the arguments are being presented logically, without "crying" and in a measured tone.

The only way I can see as a fix is to remove the system cooldown between families of EP powers, allowing you to chain 2 powers continuously no matter what family you choose to have. The drawback is the creation of "super power spiking" where a player activates all 4 EP types at once, proccing the new EPS trait, the DCE doffs as well as the WCE multiple times, giving you 125 power across all ratings. I'd say that would be balanced by the fact that a cruiser can't possibly have that many eng slots to continuously keep all power at 100, that EP powers on their own even when DCE procced still has a 33% downtime, and with that much power, beam drain can be sufficiently countered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.

Last edited by khayuung; 04-28-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-28-2013, 12:50 AM
[Redacted]

Indeed. I'd propose that they change the shared CD between EPtX and EPtY 10 seconds. This will maintain the previous balance while keeping the 5s downtime of each EPtX and Y, respectively as the devs wanted in the first place without screwing up the balance act of different EPtX's.

Last edited by sgtstarfall; 04-28-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Commander
# 15
04-28-2013, 01:31 AM
Quote:
There's countless threads (okay, maybe if I weren't half-asleep I could go count them) on the matter. The devs are well aware of the mass of concerns being levied by those in the playerbase unhappy with what's underway...

...so I'm not going to post about that.

However, there are rumors (/cough) that the changes to EPtX are but merely part of a larger plan addressing Engineering BOFFs. Without repeating that rumor, I was wondering if there was any official comment in regard to that. If so, it could do wonders to alleviate at least part of the issue being raised...

...enjoy your weekend, guys - know that you're working it down to the bones to get this out for everybody.
Yes virus there are many many threads on this. However, rightly so. As it is right now for me (and a few others I am seeing) I am in limbo in regards to what to do. I went from playing everyday, working to refine my build, get better gear, what have you, to not logging on at all since this change.

I was already kind of in limbo wondering if I should hold off on working on getting gear with my main until LoR released because I would just have to start over anyway. Now however, given these changes coupled with the really bad direction they have gone with the rom cruisers, I am at a point where I don't know if I even want to bother getting gear anymore at all. Beams are apparently WAD, plasma is getting nerfed, EPtX change, and cruisers with even worse turn rate than Feds coming down the pipe.

I just can't find a reason to play at the moment. I really WANT to want to play, but with no word from the devs on this DEVASTATING change, I really don't have much hope for the future here.

Continuing to post on this same topic is our way (at least mine) of desperately trying to get the devs attention, albeit a futile effort.
Captain
# 16
04-28-2013, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtstarfall View Post
[Redacted]

Indeed. I'd propose that they change the shared CD between EPtX and EPtY 10 seconds. This will maintain the previous balance while keeping the 5s downtime of each EPtX and Y, respectively as the devs wanted in the first place without screwing up the balance act of different EPtX's.

Yeah, and move the cooldown of the abilities to 30 seconds.
Career Officer
# 17
04-28-2013, 11:22 AM
I have to concur, obviously, with the original post as well as the general sentiment that has set in that the developer silence has lead to the feeling that this change is going live whether people like it or not.

I personally dislike the response we've gotten which amounts to "please test it first".

I've tested it, others have tested it. We play this game daily and 'test' the powers in this game.

The conclusion is no different, this change is bad for cruiser build options.

The change is bad for Cruisers taking any Emergency power higher than Tier 1.
Rihannsu
# 18
04-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtstarfall View Post
[Redacted]

I also like this idea.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Captain
# 19
04-29-2013, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cha0s1428 View Post
Continuing to post on this same topic is our way (at least mine) of desperately trying to get the devs attention, albeit a futile effort.
It's one of those things, where I picture it this way...

Say there's 5-8+ threads on a matter. Each gets 1-4, 5-10 pages in it. Then it kind of drops off as the next one picks up. Say they're in different sections of the forums, so it's kind of spread out that way as well.

It gets diluted.

If there were one thread - where it was constantly bumped because folks were still trying to get the dev's attention on the matter...well, that shows a certain unity.

It's not a case that I do not think that it needs to be brought up and that the devs need to reply...it's just getting difficult to keep track of all the threads personally. Does it become a case of copying comments from one thread to the other to the other to the other to the other? Do we all just end up quoting ourselves from other threads?

Heck, with the initial change - I pointed out something in one of the threads which I thought people were ignoring while they argued over other parts. Then wham bam, sure enough, Cryptic went and did what I warned they would do...so other people started arguing about that as well.

It would be nifty if the devs could give us a mission statement, a goal, what they're hoping to accomplish with the changes. Cause for the life of me, with the first change - could kind of guess what they might be doing...wasn't working, but at least one could see they were trying to do something. The second change - just seemed like spite - made no sense at all...like the devs were throwing a tantrum because of the complaints received about the first change.

To be fair, some folks did go pretty hard after the new guy...and that was wrong...

...but it kind of turned into the don't complain about your steak, cause who knows what they'll do to it before they send it back, eh?
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Captain
# 20
04-29-2013, 12:25 AM
The problem is no change is in vacuum. While they might be interested in feedback to a single change, the forget how the actual change is tied with gameplay. I'm pretty sure that when they were chaning EP powers, noone of them thought "and what bout ships with three ensigns..."

That's why most threads go off-topic, because everything is related to everything. You change one thing but affect dozen other things.

But the general message is clear, the current EpTX change is BAD.
Closed Thread