Rihannsu
# 11
04-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
What I don't understand is that people refuse to take note of the fact that cryptic has on more than one occasion indicated that the romulans at some point will grow into a faction with their own fleets.

The way romulans will be shaped in the beginning is not how they will look forever... It will just be a step on the roade to becoming great again.
not going to happen. sry.

listen to the last DStahl interview.

own fleets - yes. but allied with KDF/FED. why? because of the queues. because for some not explained reasons they are not able to make all the PVE group content accessible to all factions in a big "cross faction" queue.

also, they are filling the gaps in ships and tech with the existing ally's equipment.

perhaps there will be more toys for Romulans incoming, Romulans have many fans here with full Credit Cards.

but then, how will that look for Cardies, Ferengi, Dominion.. they just do not have the resources for that kind of development and the "ally" system is the only logical development.

perhaps, in time, with more "factions" incoming, they will RENAME the existing KDF/UFP to mirror the changes.

perhaps, KDF's HQ will not be on Q'onos anymore, and will not be so RED as it is now, or we'll at least see some Romulans in the halls. Would add a nice touch.

Join the premiere Romulan community now!

Last edited by duaths1; 04-28-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Captain
# 12
04-28-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
What I don't understand is that people refuse to take note of the fact that cryptic has on more than one occasion indicated that the romulans at some point will grow into a faction with their own fleets.

The way romulans will be shaped in the beginning is not how they will look forever... It will just be a step on the roade to becoming great again.
All that stuff will be listed as coming soon.

Those of us who've played the game for three years see Cryptic say that, and acknowledge what that actually means.

Why are you taking a different meaning from that? Or rather, why do you believe what they're saying will happen sooner than another three years from May, 2013?
Captain
# 13
04-28-2013, 01:43 PM
The Romulan character I'm planning is going to be something of an unwilling partner with D'Tan and his followers. Their backstory is that they served in the Imperial Fleet, but after discovering what Hakeev and his Tal Shiar were doing, resigned their commission. This is how they find themselves working security on a farming colony at the start of the story. Out of character, I'm hoping to get in with one of the Imperial Romulan player fleets with this character, who I intend to ally with the Feds.

I think Cryptic probably has noticed that there's a lot of people who want to play Imperial Romulans, but since the factions are set I think they may go a different route - an Imperial Lockbox perhaps? Where instead of Romulan Mirror Universe ships you get Imperial versions of the Romulan Warbirds (different BOFF seating, maybe more tactical emphasis) that come with an I.R.W. prefix, just like the Mirror Universe Terran ships get I.S.S.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Career Officer
# 14
04-28-2013, 01:53 PM
I am huge Romulans fan ,waiting for playable Romulan Star Empire Faction 3 years,now I am got playable romulan species on KDF / Fed side ... No thanks I am not going to play as romulan in mix green-blue/green-red colors

Rest in Peace Romulan Star Empire....fck the rom.....reman republic

Please stop that crap call ,,faction,, it is fake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lHgb...bInnkBtnRvnQEg
Captain
# 15
04-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
I think Cryptic probably has noticed that there's a lot of people who want to play Imperial Romulans, but since the factions are set I think they may go a different route - an Imperial Lockbox perhaps? Where instead of Romulan Mirror Universe ships you get Imperial versions of the Romulan Warbirds (different BOFF seating, maybe more tactical emphasis) that come with an I.R.W. prefix, just like the Mirror Universe Terran ships get I.S.S.
On tribble the I.R.W. prefix is already available for Romulan warbirds. It gets unlucked during the story arc, together with a 'Tal Shiar' uniform (it's actually the standard Imperial Uniform from Nemesis and not a specific Tal Shiar one).
Captain
# 16
04-28-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenw0lf View Post
On tribble the I.R.W. prefix is already available for Romulan warbirds. It gets unlucked during the story arc, together with a 'Tal Shiar' uniform (it's actually the standard Imperial Uniform from Nemesis and not a specific Tal Shiar one).
Actually Warbirds can have the IRW from the beginning or close to it anyways. Usually after I get to the Flotilla I change the prefix to IRW from RRW. I haven't actually tried changing it in the Tutorial, but I suppose since it is part of the name change and not a "Costumization" it is possible.
Captain
# 17
04-28-2013, 02:22 PM
They didnt see enough ROI for 3 real factions with the main release, they sure wont see it for an add-on. Unless it is in name-only.
Captain
# 18
04-28-2013, 02:51 PM
You can actually play as a loyal Tal Shiar officer by playing as a double agent within the Romulan Republic. Empress Sela personally congratulates you for completing a certain task. The main problem with being a Tal Shiar agent is that Hakeev is in control and they are more interested in his own welfare than the Romulan people. If Hakeev can gets what he wants by shoving you through an airlock or turn you into a mindless drone, then he will. However an actual Romulan Star Empire faction would require having 3 factions instead of 2 and for whatever reason the devs have decided against it.

This faction would be prevented from doing the current reputation content so no helping the New Romulus colonists and no access to Borg STFs since it is the Task Force Omega reputation which is only affiliated with the Klingon Empire and Starfleet. PvP would be possible.
Career Officer
# 19
04-28-2013, 03:06 PM
I let Hakeev think he is in charge
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Rihannsu
# 20
04-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
I let Hakeev think he is in charge
and shove him through an airlock, when he won't be needed anymore