Republic Veteran
# 41
04-29-2013, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
lets see here they are doing this to (kits) (stf gear doff mission) (fleets) only thing new to romulan is a back story from 1 to 32 then after that copy past for mission ships more then likely copy past for (vet rewards)
1) They'll be redoing kits before long, a complete overhaul.
2) I totally agree that Romulans need exclusive STF gear and I'm sure we can get them on-board with this.
3) That's almost 70% of the way through. The devs are telling a story, one that they want everyone to be able to experience, regardless of faction.
4) They should be announcing what the veteran rewards are early this week, so we don't know what they are at this point.

The 1k day vet reward will likely have the same kind of mechanic as the Starfleet and KDF versions do, but what you call "copy and paste" is really being fair/trying not to piss people off. If one faction has this cool mechanic the other wants it now (a la carrier).

Idk if the "negative Nancy's" genuinely think the Romulan Republic is going to suck or they just like to complain. In any case, get it out of your system now, because the Republic will be here in 3 weeks and it's going to be amazing!
Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?

It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol

Last edited by imadoctornota; 04-29-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Career Officer
# 42
04-29-2013, 09:42 AM
the new romulan back story ends at 32 then you begin the first romulan FE
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Career Officer
# 43
04-29-2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
By now, everyone should know that the Romulans are coming in May; in the form of the Romulan Republic. It's no secret that a fair number of people were hoping to play as the Romulan Empire rather than a bunch of supposed peaceful folk; it's also no secret that a fair number of people aren't overly happy with (when playing a Romulan) needing to join the Federation or Klingon factions.

Unfortunately for those people (myself included) that is now set in stone, there's no point complaining about it, as it isn't going to change. Too much time and too many resources have no doubt gone in to making the Republic style Romulans to realistically think that Cryptic would start over for what I'd think is 50% of the community.

What I'd like to discuss here though is the idea of an expansion in which Romulan players are given the option to Defect. We all start off as Romulan civilians as it is, and we then choose to join D'Tan and the Federation / Klingons. I don't think it would be too farfetched an idea to allow your chosen character to defect to the Romulan Empire at a later date.

In doing so, you'd be defecting against D'Tan and your chosen alliance, and would be reverting back to your routes. This wouldn't be mandatory, it would be optional. There should be a point within the leveling system in which, deciding on your path, you get unique missions; and as it currently is, once you've chosen a path, you've got to stick with it (as such would be brought in at a later date anyway, existing characters should get a one-time allegiance switch if they so choose).

Just an idea that might please hardcore Sela followers. Cryptic would get to keep the D'Tan story, and players that choose it would get to keep their FED/KDF alliance in tact. Worthy of thought, or not so much?
i suspect this design choice was probably made sometime in in January-February probably and that it was never in question that it could not be changed to another style, there is only so much you can write up and voice over for Denise Crosby before it become ridiculously expensive to keep her on any longer and the rest of it would be more time consuming the more it becomes altered.

its like creating a foundry map and you have everything the way you want, but people want more from the feedback box, so you go back and add content only to find out that it conflicts with the majority of your storyline and realize it would be too time consuming to alter it and to find out that people dont want another clone of someone elses story.

so yeah it is the way it is as you state, lets just worry about LoR coming out and its first few weeks before its considered for considerable critical responses or positive responses.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Commander
# 44
04-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Romulans is just another way for them to force us to do 1-2 new toons.. in the rep system.. spending money on gear.. and once we all do..

another faction.. to do so all over again .. ( of course, as business is in it for the moola )

they are smart tho.. they got my legacy pack money hehe come on may 21st!
Republic Veteran
# 45
04-29-2013, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
the new romulan back story ends at 32 then you begin the first romulan FE
My mistake, I was thinking it was 40.

Captain
# 46
04-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
All that stuff will be listed as coming soon.

Those of us who've played the game for three years see Cryptic say that, and acknowledge what that actually means.

Why are you taking a different meaning from that? Or rather, why do you believe what they're saying will happen sooner than another three years from May, 2013?
I have been here since beta, thank you...

But it seems to me that recently more and more of what they promised is making it into the game... It takes alot of time, no disputing that, but still... we are slowly, but steadily getting there.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Republic Veteran
# 47
04-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post

But it seems to me that recently more and more of what they promised is making it into the game... It takes alot of time, no disputing that, but still... we are slowly, but steadily getting there.
As a player who has also been here since beta, I concur. Cryptic is trying to give us what we want within the realm of possibility and reason. Unfortunately reasonableness is not something that the majority of the forum users here have heard of

Captain
# 48
04-29-2013, 11:26 PM
Quote:

New Hair Tech. Children of Khan. Playable First Officers. Poker Table mini-game. So on and so forth. Yup. They've totally made good on old old old promises. Indeedie.
Captain
# 49
04-29-2013, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imadoctornota View Post
As a player who has also been here since beta, I concur. Cryptic is trying to give us what we want within the realm of possibility and reason. Unfortunately reasonableness is not something that the majority of the forum users here have heard of
Yea... Some of the more self-proclaimed experts tend to selectively forget the things that has been done, while focus mainly on minor issues, hypeing them to a level where they seem very important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
New Hair Tech. Children of Khan. Playable First Officers. Poker Table mini-game. So on and so forth. Yup. They've totally made good on old old old promises. Indeedie.
New improved UI, 1-50 KDF content, Romulan faction, Ambassador class for free... Just to name a few.

Just because you choose to ignore them, dosen't make it any less fact.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos

Last edited by anazonda; 04-30-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Career Officer
# 50
04-30-2013, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Yea...

New improved UI, 1-50 KDF content, Romulan faction, Ambassador class for free... Just to name a few.

Just because you choose to ignore them, dosen't make it any less fact.
STOP call it ,,FACTION ,, it is only playable romulans no FACTION !