Career Officer
# 51
04-30-2013, 09:37 AM
No honorable Klingon would ally with Romulans at all after what they did to Narendra III and Khitomer. The attempt to cover up the duplicity of the House of Duras and the Klingon Civil War shows that. It wasn't Sela in particular that made it dishonorable, it was Romulans in general. Yet here we are, with Romulans snuggling up to the KDF. To paraphrase:

"The opportunity here, is to bring them to their knees."
Captain
# 52
04-30-2013, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romulanway View Post
STOP call it ,,FACTION ,, it is only playable romulans no FACTION !
Faction... Romulan Faction... Romulans are a faction..

Romulans are most certainly a faction.

The Faction of romulans in STO is most interesting

People who have played the romulan faction on tribble should find it most interesting.

I like the Romulan faction

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave85 View Post
No honorable Klingon would ally with Romulans at all after what they did to Narendra III and Khitomer. The attempt to cover up the duplicity of the House of Duras and the Klingon Civil War shows that. It wasn't Sela in particular that made it dishonorable, it was Romulans in general. Yet here we are, with Romulans snuggling up to the KDF. To paraphrase:

"The opportunity here, is to bring them to their knees."
Remember how the KDF were motivated to ally with the Federation? Enterprise C and Nerenda 3?

Theres good reason for why things happen as they do.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Super Moderator
# 53
04-30-2013, 10:26 AM
Unless and until the game matures to the point where Cryptic is ready, willing, and able to consider a Red vs. Blue vs. Green gameplay system, not going to happen.

The Devs are convinced that Red vs. Blue is the way to go, that any other approach will fracture the playerbase and overcomplicate future development, and I'm not so sure they're wrong.

Every Romulan player is welcome to roleplay themselves in any way they choose. Between the Foundry and private PvP queues I imagine it will be entirely possible to roleplay as Tal Shiar or RSE if you want. I wouldn't be surprised to see costumes for TOS Romulans becoming available, either.

But under the hood it will still be Red vs. Blue.

I will say, though, that a defection option in the distant future when Cryptic's ready for the next shake-up might be a good step in the direction of RvBvG.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 54
04-30-2013, 10:47 AM
No this doesn't make sense. Unfortunatley JJ Trek screwed things up, and the bad guy RSE got blown up with Romulus. What is left of it is being manipulated by Iconians and is about to go down with them.
Captain
# 55
04-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Unless and until the game matures to the point where Cryptic is ready, willing, and able to consider a Red vs. Blue vs. Green gameplay system, not going to happen.

The Devs are convinced that Red vs. Blue is the way to go, that any other approach will fracture the playerbase and overcomplicate future development, and I'm not so sure they're wrong.
I also think that while the people (myself included) who would prefer to play the Star Empire are very vocal and dedicated, we're outnumbered by those who prefer being the good guys. I saw this same thing in every MMO I've played. A decent sized group of very dedicated hardcore players who want to be evil, and the overwhelming majority looking for the good guys. Grim darkness gets old and depressing to many if it isn't balanced. So there could be business reasons for it in addition to the reasons you've given.

I tend to think that STO has a large enough population that some fracturing might be ok, or even good. Providing cross-faction teaming was implemented.

And I tend to think that we're dedicated enough if the product was good Cryptic would make money off it. But I have to admit, probably not as much as they will with the route they've chosen.

Quote:
Every Romulan player is welcome to roleplay themselves in any way they choose. Between the Foundry and private PvP queues I imagine it will be entirely possible to roleplay as Tal Shiar or RSE if you want. I wouldn't be surprised to see costumes for TOS Romulans becoming available, either.

But under the hood it will still be Red vs. Blue.
Yup, and for me this is a key point. The Tal Shiar have moles, hell from what I've seen they have surgically altered spies who look like other races operating in both the Federation and KDF. If my romulan works for the Star Empire from inside the Feds or the KDF, he still works for the Star Empire and he is still a scheming untrustworthy son-of-an-epohh and he still flies a romulan warbird.
Career Officer
# 56
04-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
What I don't understand is that people refuse to take note of the fact that cryptic has on more than one occasion indicated that the romulans at some point will grow into a faction with their own fleets.
Maybe it's becuase Cryptic has said this about numerous things in game, and long time players are still waiting for them to come to fruition.

Cryptic has shown time and again, that when they release something, it tends to stay the way it is. This is usually accompanied by cries of small staffing and or budget limitations.
Captain
# 57
04-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
New improved UI, 1-50 KDF content, Romulan faction, Ambassador class for free... Just to name a few.

Just because you choose to ignore them, dosen't make it any less fact.
Wait, aren't you the one ignoring the list I provided?

You know how long new hair tech has been "coming soon"?
Captain
# 58
04-30-2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Wait, aren't you the one ignoring the list I provided?

You know how long new hair tech has been "coming soon"?
No... I am not ignoring them... I am well aware that most elements takes long time, TOO long in most cases, but evidence points more in the direction that things are coming, rather than having seen cryptic entirely dismissing them.

And let me be honest... If hair is all you care about... I really hope you will be dissapointed, cause there are things I'd rather see finished 10 years before "new hair tech".

Also, I dont remember them saying conclusively that they would be making poker... only that they considered it a interesting concept.
Point me in the right direction for this please.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 59
05-02-2013, 06:22 AM
Quote:

People who have played the romulan faction on tribble should find it most interesting.

Yes You are right it is faction

...& we have other faction long time in game not only Fed/Kdf...

here are Ferengi faction , Orion faction,Gorn faction,Nausican faction...I playing Dominion faction(yes I have changeling,alien creation), Cardasioan faction ...etc ...omfg here are many factions in STO not only two...I am sorry it was my bad...You are right it is faction...oh yeah
Career Officer
# 60
05-02-2013, 06:46 AM
Quote:

Since Romulans that ally with the Fed can't team with those who ally with the KDF, I have to disagree with you...sadly this is not a faction in my book and I'm not happy with it.