04-30-2013, 01:35 PM
PuGs..

I Need on all Deflectors, Engines, and Shield Arrays

Pass on all others.

Hey I want the EC!
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-30-2013, 03:41 PM
I know it's an uphill battle, but I try to use the system as it's intended anyway. I pass on stuff that someone else could probably make more use of than me (i.e.: Low mk stuff when there's a low-level guy in a fleet event), I greed on stuff I want for ec, and I need on stuff I've been looking for, even if it's just a stopgap until I get more ec (neutronium armor, phaser relays, phaser beam arrays, etc. (most of it's for all the cruisers I have on my engy)).

I don't want to be "that guy" who puts a damper on everyone else's day by picking "need" on everything and hoarding all the loot. I also support shockwave's idea of setting default loot in public matches to round-robin.
Captain
# 33
04-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terloki View Post

I don't want to be "that guy" who puts a damper on everyone else's day by picking "need" on everything and hoarding all the loot. I also support shockwave's idea of setting default loot in public matches to round-robin.
That is one of the reasons I started this thread. Honestly, I have no problem with Greeding for EC, Needing for Build (even if it is temporary).

But from running a few Starbase 24s. I see that much what is said here is true. Most people tend to need. That said, greed becomes essentially a second pass.

That said, if the general consensus is that everyone is needing everything, then I have no problem with needing and letting the RNG sort it all out.

That said, Honestly, I would love for either a round robin, or just randomly distribute loot based on the RNG.
Captain
# 34
04-30-2013, 06:58 PM
i just want to know how to get the auto looter to work.
no matter what settings i select there is nothing automatic about it & i still build up a load of white gear id have though the loot threshold would have blocked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.
Ensign
# 35
05-02-2013, 08:30 PM
In a game where there is a "genuine" upgrade to be had from these loot drops, a loot system that works is paramount. I think many of us going into these things believing that we want folks getting a fair shake at their loot, and don't want to be taking it unnecessarily.

Here, everything is currency, though. At max level, you can literally get a more or less full ship loadout of functional blues from the exchange for approximately the energy credit take of one solo space foundry mission or romulan reputation quest run. At lower levels you rank up so quickly that you're looking at a couple hours worth of usage before being obsolete, at most.

What that winds up meaning is that the screen reading need/greed for an uncommon quality plasma cannon mkX is really reading "temporarily trade one inventory slot for 7500 EC?". Essentially, since we're looking at every drop as currency, we all "need" it the same amount, and human nature means that if we don't "need" the currency, someone else will perceive that they do.

Round Robin would be great and fair, though it would take a bit of a revamp. Nobody wants to be the guy that always winds up with all the flow capacitors while other guys always seem to land on the deflector.
Ensign
# 36
05-02-2013, 08:44 PM
I don't have the ability to look at the loot, monitor my health and shields, use healing/damaging abilities, manage my buffs/debuffs, manage my weapons AND decide whether or not I need and item or i want an item.
I always need.
Career Officer
# 37
05-02-2013, 10:24 PM
I pass on everything..I dont need the credits....

besides every player, with the exception of a few here and there, roll need on everything..

To them.....you needy little pricks....
Napoleon's final defeat came at Waterloo. Must've been embarrassing. You're the f'ing emperor. You conquered all of Europe, only to lose in a place with a stupid name like Waterloo. Or Watergate, or Whitewater. Note to politicans: Stay on land.
Career Officer
# 38
05-02-2013, 10:49 PM
With all the actually "need" for EC to pay for rep and starbase upgrades. I don't see why people still dislike those that need on everything. I need on everything, I vendor and drop things on the exchange. Don't like it? Then you buy me the 4 purple MK XII plasma infusers I still need on two of my characters. I have 6 toons to maintain, I need every bit of EC I can get my lobes on.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Captain
# 39
05-03-2013, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
With all the actually "need" for EC to pay for rep and starbase upgrades. I don't see why people still dislike those that need on everything. I need on everything, I vendor and drop things on the exchange. Don't like it? Then you buy me the 4 purple MK XII plasma infusers I still need on two of my characters. I have 6 toons to maintain, I need every bit of EC I can get my lobes on.
Some dislike such because they may lose a genuine upgrade for them to someone who just wants the credits. There are plenty of other ways to get credits after all. If someone needs because they need the credits, then they can't get defensive when somene who sees the item as a genuine upgrade gets abit snarky with them.

As I said earlier I only need on something that is an upgrade to me. I get enough EC and vendor drops from doing dailies or from repeating a mission because I want the reward to try out a new weapon type.
Rihannsu
# 40
05-03-2013, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
i just want to know how to get the auto looter to work.
no matter what settings i select there is nothing automatic about it & i still build up a load of white gear id have though the loot threshold would have blocked.
There is no auto-looter. The setting you're talking about is for when you set up your own team (manually). Items below the threshold won't go to need & greed, whoever picks it up gets it. In queue matches, it's always set to green.