Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Constant Client Crashing
01-15-2010, 03:57 PM
I can't get back the starbase 114 mission, each time I beam up my toon spawns instead of my ship. After waiting for a few seconds I get a client crash, and takes 3-4 min to scan files.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Crashing!!!!!!!!!!!
01-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Every 20 minutes or so...the game freezes and I loose everything I have done!!!!!!!!

mid mission (at the 3rd stage of the mission in most cases..normally after defeating enemies in space and half way done on ground) I have everything freeze and jump right to desktop...with a message reading

"oops, your Cyrptic account has crashed"
Then I restart...with patching taking 5-ish minutes (95000 files) and to top it all...I have to restart the mission I was playing..FROM THE START! this CONSTANT PROBLEM IS ANNOYING ME...and if persists..will make me unwilling to play anymore! it makes gameplay increddibly offputting and tedious! I had such high hopes for this game...and am A HUGE fan of trek...but if this problem continues...I will be sadly turned off the game I thought was going to be the trek game of all time!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2010, 04:29 PM
yeah I've been doing the beta for a few days and just in the last couple hours I'm starting to crash constantly. checked all the files, nothin
Lt. Commander
# 4 Our accounts?
01-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Well hopefully, this will be resolved. As it's our Cryptic accounts that are crashing, I'm worried our accounts with Cryptic are problematic. I have Submitted a key to Cryptic, but it seems with everything I have sent them, I'm getting generic responses they send to everyone in bulk!
Admittidly, I take some comfort knowing that I'm not alone with this problem. Thanks for your responses. fingers crossed we don't have to endure this problem much longer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Stone
yeah I've been doing the beta for a few days and just in the last couple hours I'm starting to crash constantly. checked all the files, nothin
Yep, this just started happening after a few hours ago.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-15-2010, 04:50 PM
There are so many crashes or disconnections all over the place.. Please Fix asap!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-15-2010, 05:07 PM
I'll throw my name in the pot as one who's been having many, many, many client crashes to desktop while in away missions. Hasn't affected me in space, but on ground I'm having CTD's every few minutes. Very aggravating. Hope its addressed in the next patch. (Which I hope is soon.)

It's pretty much holding me back, as many quests are uncompletable for me, because so many of them have ground elements. Hard to test content for balance which all I'm doing is filing bug reports for CTD's.

Hope to see it resolved soon.

(BTW Cryptic, great game so far! Loving it, just want to see these issues fixed.)
Lt. Commander
# 8 again and again and again
01-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Yep...just tried (for the 5th...AND FINAL TIME) The mission on a planet full of Gorn...having taken out 2 of 3 generators...I got the
"oops, your account has crashed" yet again. I give up. Not doing that mission again...not only is it a massive mission to begin with...but when we keep getting OOPS flag up and thrown back to dashboard (with what feels like a big F you) I just haven't got the heart to carry it out a 6th time.

I feel like the crew of the enterprise D in 'Cause and effect'...Loop anyone