Commander
# 11
04-29-2013, 12:05 PM
I have been thinking something similar for a while.
If they did a Mirror Universe mission, then why not have the costume of the villain a modified version of your own? Copy head and body diameters, add some nasty scaring and a generic Mirror uniform and away you go!

They could use the same mechanic for a proper time travel story, only with the future you coming to assist! :O

Then have a humourous Klingon version in which the Mirror you is a woman! :]
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Survivor of Romulus
# 12
04-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Picard had Bok or Q

Kirk had old age
Picard also had Tomalak, one of my favorite nemesis.

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) - I only play one char now, such is the state of the game..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Captain
# 13
04-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Picard had Bok or Q

Kirk had old age
Picard had Earl Grey tea

Sisko had...himself

and

Kirk had a beer belly
Empire Veteran
# 14
04-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
We have that on the forums already
hehehe Not bad.
"We are the United Federation of Planets and we come in peace....unless you have something we want, or refuse to join us, then you have no choice."
Better dead then Fed!
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
04-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
Picard had Earl Grey tea

Sisko had...himself

and

Kirk had a beer belly
You forgot that Janeway had coffee!
Captain
# 16
04-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
DOH!!!! *Facepalm*
Captain
# 17
04-30-2013, 02:40 AM
Not really. The only "Villain" I would say thats close to the typical Nemesis of the Hero would be Dukat vs. Sisko. While Kahn was a cool villain he only appears in one TOS episode and centurys later one movie. Not what I would call a Nemesis.

Besides; the Nemesis system in champions is only good in its basic idea. The undead archmage/lich type Nemesis and his horde of zombie minions I created for my hero ended up in a anticlimatic fight in a high tec villain base with plans to use nukes or orbital laser strikes or something like that.

Before something like that system gets converted to STO it need some serious additions/overhaul.

- Motivation: How did the Nemesis became the Nemesis? Revenge for somebody lost because of the hero? Obsession with the hero? Let the Nemesis act accordingly.

- Villainstyle = Missionstyle: Above example with the mage and the nukes is silly. Let this stlye dabble in all stuff arcane/mysterious. In STO terms I imagine this could be a tad easier because all are in a scifi enviorment already. But even there the Nemesis missions could differ between a brute force type and a brainy type.

Without these points worked out: No thanks to STO Nemesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
As a Nemesis I would rather vote for the rebellious "Make it yourself" coffee replicator
Lieutenant
# 18
04-30-2013, 03:58 AM
I would say they should work to improve the Nem System on CO first before they add it to STO.

Tho, would like to add Combining the Nem System with the Foundry would in theory work very well
Captain
# 19
04-30-2013, 03:59 AM
I would love to see a system like this! If I ever get the time, I want to make some Foundry missions where my Klingon General is the nemesis of my main crew, who would be NPCs alongside the Foundry player. He is the brother of my Fed Admiral's Chief Engineer, so I could imagine a few rather tense family reunions across the Neutral Zone!

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
04-30-2013, 04:08 AM
Excellent suggestion, it's doable and could create some interesting content