Lt. Commander
# 121
04-29-2013, 06:25 PM
I'm happy that [Automated Defense Turret] & [Red Matter Capacitor] are gonna be useable for Rommies.

I noticed here:
Quote:
Available After Selecting an Ally
  • Federation or Klingon Liberated Borg Bridge Officer
  • Type 8 Shuttle Pet
  • Original Series U.S.S Enterprise Starter Ship
  • Rivera Tribble or Pet Targ Pup
Wouldn't that choose ally also apply to the NX Replica, Oberth, and Steamrunner Starter ships as well?

Thank you for the time...
CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
Expand Dil and Fleet Marks to regular story content
Empire Veteran
# 122
04-29-2013, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
There was a correction to the blog. It listed "Alien-Gen Hybrid Romulan Species", but it should actually be "Alien-Gen Romulan Species" (no hybrid -- it's the same alien gen available in the Federation and KDF character creator, same options and all).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
oh wow, you guys caved. wow. wow. so much for a romulan story about a romulan who is more or less a romulan
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 04-29-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Career Officer
# 123
04-29-2013, 06:28 PM
The issue im having is with the amount of gear they are giving away in the Legacy pack, it seems that theyre giving everything you would normally get as a LTS member in the legacy pack.. (Not including the ships) I.E all the titles ect.

Which either means theyre going to bring something spectacular out for LTS's or just a stripped version of the Legacy Pack..
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 124
04-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedvaccine View Post
The issue im having is with the amount of gear they are giving away in the Legacy pack, it seems that theyre giving everything you would normally get as a LTS member in the legacy pack.. (Not including the ships) I.E all the titles ect.

Which either means theyre going to bring something spectacular out for LTS's or just a stripped version of the Legacy Pack..
There are no rewards listed in the blog that are also available in the Legacy Pack. You do get a VA ship token, but that is a per character unlock, where as the Legacy Pack grants you account-wide unlock versions of the ships -- this also would make you eligible for any Fleet Ship Modules discounts if you are looking to get a fleet version of one of the available ships, where as the VA token (which can only be used once per character) does not gain you access to this.

EDIT: DOFFs, Keys, C-Store costumes, etc. are not anything normally given for having a LTS account (http://sto.perfectworld.com/lifetime)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 04-29-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 125
04-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Go back with your hybrid plan.. it sounds cooler
Career Officer
# 126
04-29-2013, 06:54 PM
Quote:
There are no rewards listed in the blog that are also available in the Legacy Pack. You do get a VA ship token, but that is a per character unlock, where as the Legacy Pack grants you account-wide unlock versions of the ships -- this also would make you eligible for any Fleet Ship Modules discounts if you are looking to get a fleet version of one of the available ships, where as the VA token (which can only be used once per character) does not gain you access to this.

EDIT: DOFFs, Keys, C-Store costumes, etc. are not anything normally given for having a LTS account (http://sto.perfectworld.com/lifetime)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Thanks for clearing that up.

Been testing the new faction out, amazing job you guys are doing.. we all appreciate it
Commander
# 127
04-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Quote:
There was a correction to the blog. It listed "Alien-Gen Hybrid Romulan Species", but it should actually be "Alien-Gen Romulan Species" (no hybrid -- it's the same alien gen available in the Federation and KDF character creator, same options and all).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Cool. Will we have access to the new Romulan options in the alien maker, in case we want to make Romulans who just happen to use the Alien traits and sliders, like the foreheads, hair, and eyebrows?
Career Officer
# 128
04-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Is there any clear answer on Feds/Klingons being able to use Romulan BOffs?

On Tribble, we can. However, text of the Starter and Legacy packs seem to imply we can't.

If I had any input on that, here's what I would suggest:

You can clearly block Romulans from using Fed/KDF features until they choose a side. This suggests there's a trigger that can be flipped to allow this.

My suggestion would be:

- Allow Fed or Klingon Captains to use Romulan BOs (including the Reman Borg) after maxing out Romulan rep.

- Upgrade the Embassy BOs accordingly, perhaps with a minor 5th trait, to make them more desirable.

Making it absurdly easy/common would be weird. But disallowing it entirely seems unfair as Romulans get access to Fed and Klingon BOs.
Lt. Commander
# 129
04-29-2013, 07:59 PM
Romulans don't really have combadges, so I wonder what this could actually be.
Captain
# 130
04-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Is there any clear answer on Feds/Klingons being able to use Romulan BOffs?

On Tribble, we can. However, text of the Starter and Legacy packs seem to imply we can't.

If I had any input on that, here's what I would suggest:

You can clearly block Romulans from using Fed/KDF features until they choose a side. This suggests there's a trigger that can be flipped to allow this.

My suggestion would be:

- Allow Fed or Klingon Captains to use Romulan BOs (including the Reman Borg) after maxing out Romulan rep.

- Upgrade the Embassy BOs accordingly, perhaps with a minor 5th trait, to make them more desirable.

Making it absurdly easy/common would be weird. But disallowing it entirely seems unfair as Romulans get access to Fed and Klingon BOs.
In addition to this, would Fed/KDF players be able to (eventually) outfit their Romulan/Reman BOffs with the appropriate Starfleet/KDF uniforms?

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots