Career Officer
# 41
04-29-2013, 01:33 PM
Will the Chimera still be available?
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Republic Veteran
# 42
04-29-2013, 01:34 PM
The VA token reward is lackluster at best, and I say this based on the fact that everyone use to get those untill they took away our old reward and replaced it with the VA token, and then proceeded to just remove it from everyone. Giving me back something you took away from me just to so you can take something else away without actually replacing it is hardly a "reward". The android I dont mind at all since it is alien gen anyhow. However it would be nice if they could get us our own captains yacht.(Yes I know they are considering it).A romulan borg officer would of been nice, and on that same note, what about the holo science officer? Do we just get to use our allys instead of having one of our own factions?
Career Officer
# 43
04-29-2013, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Will the Chimera still be available?
For Fed characters, yes. Romulans can' fly their allies T5 ships.
Career Officer
# 44
04-29-2013, 01:35 PM
So the alien gen hybrids will all have pointed ears and forehead V ridges? Personally, I don't see why people want to play as an alien on the Romulan side when the story is specific to Romulans and Remans. If you want to play as an alien, there are two other factions in which to do so. I'd imagine these people would be the type to say that the story will break the immersion of their alien characters.
Career Officer
# 45
04-29-2013, 01:36 PM
I thought Cryptic was making too much sense with having Romulans/Remans on a R/R story where it's generally considered R/R aren't exactly the most xenofriendly race in Star Trek or giving subscribers some value for their money.

No, no Cryptic you stick to doing the opposite of making sense. As an LTS'er I wonder what's the point in buying the legacy pack when it's becoming apparent that as subbers I get access to a bunch of stuff as it is making what looks like a great deal....not such a great deal.

I'm well aware things can change but when you make so much sense (whether or not people agree) and then do a complete U turn doesn't exactly fill me with much faith.

So in LOR we'll have a Klingon looking alien in a Klingon ship serving the KDF and have absolutely ZERO connection to anything Romulan except for the first 10 levels or so? Wonder how much this will end up another KDF faction where really everything becomes a KDF (or Rom) flavoured FED mission e.g. CE mission where KDF get instructions from a Federation officer.
Kirk's Protege - 19/11/2012
Kirk's Protege Jr - 30/05/2014
[1/5 5:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 964780 (1581938) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Captain
# 46
04-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsilverwings1 View Post
I thought Cryptic was making too much sense with having Romulans/Remans on a R/R story where it's generally considered R/R aren't exactly the most xenofriendly race in Star Trek or giving subscribers some value for their money.

No, no Cryptic you stick to doing the opposite of making sense. As an LTS'er I wonder what's the point in buying the legacy pack when it's becoming apparent that as subbers I get access to a bunch of stuff as it is making what looks like a great deal....not such a great deal.

I'm well aware things can change but when you make so much sense (whether or not people agree) and then do a complete U turn doesn't exactly fill me with much faith.

So in LOR we'll have a Klingon looking alien in a Klingon ship serving the KDF and have absolutely ZERO connection to anything Romulan except for the first 10 levels or so? Wonder how much this will end up another KDF faction where really everything becomes a KDF (or Rom) flavoured FED mission e.g. CE mission where KDF get instructions from a Federation officer.
The Romulan Republic is run a by a reuinificationist rather then a xenophobic Romulan. It's already stated the Republic is sharing resources with their Reman brethren who are also on the run from the RSE/Tal Shiar. The idea that the Republic might be willing to take in a few other aliens who are also willing to help them isn't far-fetched.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 47
04-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsilverwings1 View Post

My Romulan on Tribble is Level 21, has never flown a Fed ship and never did a Fed mission. Level 10 is where you choose an ally, it's not the end of the Romulan Progression. And your Klingon looking character would be half Romulan.....
Rihannsu
# 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Lib Rom Captain. Get my Reman borg from the Starter Pack. Use my Human borg from the box set. Get the lib borg from the STF. I might have a whole crew of Liberated Borgs on the Rom side. I just need to find a way to make my android look borg.
I like the set of your jib, thecosmic, and I was thinking the same thing. I suppose if you have the 7of9 Costume Pack, you can use her "implants" on a Female Android, at the very least, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Thanks for giving aliens to every player type, and thanks for the veteran tokens to still apply to ex-gold members...
Not sure why you quoted me there, tpalelena, but you're welcome.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 49
I thought they said they will sell liberated romulans and remans in cstore ? (or quote from my mind "everything in starter pack will be in c store" )

anyway ,I dont think theres any change to what was before.
Career Officer
# 50
04-29-2013, 01:42 PM
A Standard list with the minimum one could have expected.

The Veteran Uniform, Ship Hull and Veteran Ship will be not available at launch and currently just "planned" for development - not even "in" development. I have a feeling we will wait a looong time for those to show up eventually.

But hey, finally a blog about it