Captain
# 21
04-29-2013, 04:49 PM
You know for testing purposes... in addition to making the projects complete in 30 secs... you should also make them cost one EC to complete... that way we dont have to grind to test.

Or alternatively... for Reputation, just make characters have completed reputation in the frst place...
Captain
# 22
04-29-2013, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Added an "Alien" option to the species dropdown menu for both ground and space NPC Groups.
So what exactly will come up when I place this on a map? Are they meant to be the "generic" alien mobs from Exploration Clusters? Can we customize them at all?

Great patch, by the way.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Captain
# 23
04-29-2013, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegon1ice View Post
Zero, the patcher is broken. It is still stuck with the Plasma Dual Cannon Files and now, even freezes the whole launcher.

http://s14.directupload.net/images/130430/tgxba7qt.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasandaro View Post
Same as aegon, down to the file (thought it's: Patched 3277.8MB / 5114MB | Rec'd 51KB - 64%)
The pre patcher is broken i think someone said kirk talked it to death though it is more liley chekov made it malfunction trying to get it to understand what "Wessels" are
Survivor of Remus
# 24
Nice, and I think Sela looks better without a cape, Edna is right, no capes!
Empire Veteran
It seems that the Tribble pre patch crashed and when I tried to reload it completely froze on me.
Career Officer
# 26
All very well and good, but where is the known issues/fix for Windows XP players where the game won't use Multi-core Rendering? I KNOW that the Devs know about this issue, why is it being swept under the rug?
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-29-2013, 04:52 PM
my patching has stopped too at 61% again. wats goig on
*Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
*Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
*Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
Captain
# 28
04-29-2013, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Systems:
  • Increased the turn rate bonus on the Tachyokinetic Converter in the same way that RCS Consoles were recently updated.
    • This will benefit slower ships with the console more than faster ships.
    • The tooltip is unchanged.
      • The behind-the-scenes math has been altered to make the effect closer to the tooltip that is displayed.
Nifty, thanks.

Quote:
  • Increased the Turn Rate bonus given by the Starship Impulse Thrusters skill.
    • This will benefit all ships with this skill, but slower ships will see a larger bonus compared to what they were previously seeing from the skill.
    • This is similar to the recent change to RCS consoles.
Again, nifty - thanks.

Quote:
  • Plasma-Generating Science consoles from the Romulan Reputation system have been updated to increase all Plasma damage, as opposed to just Plasma damage from Directed Energy weapons.
    • The power description for these items has been updated to indicate this.
Awesome, thanks.

Quote:
  • Adjusted all types of Romulan Cloaking to be distinct from standard Cloaking.
    • Romulan Cloaking now has a higher stealth value, but your Singularity power will make your ship easier to detect.
Nice clarification - thanks.

Quote:
General:
  • Updated the Klingon ship store to add some more ships.
Good idea what one is, curious to see what "more" means and what their consoles are. Nifty, again thanks.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Cryptic Studios Team
# 29
04-29-2013, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor63549 View Post
Erm, if the base is 45 and t'lis gives +5 to all systems shouldn't it be 50 wep, 50 shd, 50 eng, 50 aux?

Also what do you mean by singularity power will makes your ship easier to detect? Does this outright counteract the stealth bonus or is it based on charge level (ie. no charge and you can't really be detected, 3 is slightly detectable and at 5 you are fairly detectable?)
Those patch notes are a little confusing because they incorporate multiple iterations of internal changes we've been making.

Initially, we switched the T'liss to having a flat +5 to all power levels to make it a little better rounded for early game play.

At a later time, we decided to test having all Romulan ships start at 45 power, rather than 40 power like they had been.

When this happened, we decided that a +5 to all subsystems for the T'liss would have been overkill on top of that change - it would have ended up with a flat 50 in all subsystems, much like the Miranda, but with Battle Cloak, Plasma Shockwave, and a faster turn rate on top of that.

To balance this out a little better, we ended our current iteration process with the T'liss having 45 Weapon Power, 45 Shield Power, 45 Aux Power, and 50 Engine power to start with.

Sorry for the confusion. I hope this clears things up a bit.

Regarding the Stealth penalty with Singularity, it basically works like this:
-With no Singularity, you're at a significantly better Stealth rating than klingon Battle Cloak
-With your Singularity at half full, you're still slightly better than klingon Battle Cloak
-At full Singularity, your cloak is worse than klingon Battle Cloak

Other skills, racial abilities, etc. can still modify your cloaking value normally.
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
04-29-2013, 04:56 PM
hope they fix the patching server soon