Lt. Commander
# 121
01-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Destra
Hm, you guys didn't get a warning message? I probably sent out 10-15 in Admin Messages total, starting about 15 minutes before the downtime, so I will look into it and see what is going on with that. If so many people are claiming that they did not receive a warning, then something must be up. Thanks for the info.
Got nothing but that's alright :-) I just hope you fix the crashing stuff i and several others have had recently
Lt. Commander
# 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerfhearder1979
Umm ok the key word in this case is EMERGENCY, meaning it was not planned nor intentional, it just happened so the only way you would have had any warning was if cryptic staff were time travellers or able to see into the future.
Um, they put this message up BEFORE the maint., so obviously it was planned...>.>
Lt. Commander
# 123
Quote:
Hm, you guys didn't get a warning message? I probably sent out 10-15 in Admin Messages total, starting about 15 minutes before the downtime, so I will look into it and see what is going on with that. If so many people are claiming that they did not receive a warning, then something must be up. Thanks for the info.
well i know i was in the sector defense fleet mission, with so much battle spam and OOC spam i am sure i would have missed it. Maybe in BIG BOLD LETTERS across the middle of the screen would be good
Lt. Commander
# 124
Quote:
nope, no message... just thought it was one of those random dc's
Lt. Commander
# 125
01-15-2010, 07:45 PM
yes seems there is a problem with your admin messages next bug found go kill him
Lt. Commander
# 126 Hmmm...
"Emergency Downtime", is that what they call server crashes now, kinda like the way they call garbage men sanitation engineers because it sounds better?

Seriously, it's a pain, but hey, it's beta. Just kinda sux because I'd finally had time to log in and play for while and then five minutes later...bam! Sigh...
Lt. Commander
# 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekkidtruth View Post
Wow. Maybe you should give a little bit more warning. Generally it's good business practice to actually inform those who are IN THE GAME before abruptly knocking them all off the server.

I would at the very least be writing someone up for this. Whoever made the decision to "Oh let's do emergency maintenance right this second! Quick push the power button!" should be fired
FOR REAL?????

Anger Management much?
Lt. Commander
# 128
Quote:
its posibull it was shown on screen however if its at the top of the screen like other ingame infomation many players wouldent see it focusing on battles ect, if this is the case i would recomend making the text look more destinctive lol.
Lt. Commander
# 129
Quote:
Nope ... didn't see a one.
Lt. Commander
# 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenbwen View Post
I'm not crashing but instead i am in my ship on the group and my avatar in space the transition from ground to space and vice versa is the one i hope they fix this time.
Yeah. Been having that problem all day.

Also got pretty good at all but the last part of "Silence the Signal" waiting for load screens and getting disconnected at inopportune moments.

(Found out from someone ingame that a workaround for the "ship on the ground" problem is a quick logout/login. Restores all your BOffs to the away team.)
Closed Thread