Rihannsu
# 21
04-29-2013, 10:52 PM
To be clear, the "Twitch" account that is referred to is is at the website www.twitch.tv, which also shares login information with justin.tv.
Ensign
# 22 Fuzzy Wuzzy was a woman?
04-30-2013, 12:58 AM

While I understand Cryptic's choice to present the giveaway like this, it's really disappointing to those of us that're deaf. It pretty much assures that we have to pass on the show and prizes.

Captain
# 23
04-30-2013, 06:55 AM
1. What is Twitch?

2. Does this involve the use of speakers (and if so, is it absolutely necessary)?

3. Do I need a microphone? (If so, disregard the other two questions as unneeded)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 24
04-30-2013, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealtogie View Post

While I understand Cryptic's choice to present the giveaway like this, it's really disappointing to those of us that're deaf. It pretty much assures that we have to pass on the show and prizes.

We should have someone from the team participating in chat, letting players know how they can win, so you shouldn't need to listen to anything You can also chat with us via the text chat, ask questions, and participate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
1. What is Twitch?

2. Does this involve the use of speakers (and if so, is it absolutely necessary)?

3. Do I need a microphone? (If so, disregard the other two questions as unneeded)
1) It's a livestreaming site: http://www.twitch.tv/

2) Not absolutely necessary -- the only thing you'd miss is my commentary and my answering of questions and talking about the expansion, but we should have a member of the team participating in chat with players. They would also be answering questions and letting you know about the giveaway.

3) Definitely not

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Commander
# 25
04-30-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
You'll need to participate in chat (in what capacity will be announced during the livestream -- it's still being finalized) in order to have a chance to win if you didn't, how do we know you were there/ even select a winner? What I was stating above is that Blueegeek can still watch the livestream, but won't have a chance at winning without a Twitch account for reasons mentioned in this post.
Ah, okie dokie. Thanks for the clarification.

Now, the really sticky one -- some states/countries may (or may not) have laws about this kind of thing. Since the packs to be given away have an affixed dollar value, it may not be legal for some people to participate, depending on those statutes. Are we going to see a more comprehensive set of rules and exemptions prior to the livestream? I don't like in one of those places, but on the other hand I still feel obligated to ask for the sake of those who do.

Now, for those of you who may misconstrue that to mean I'm claiming PWE/Cryptic is screwing anybody over or breaking the law...chill. I'm not saying that. Some people may just live in areas that prohibit their participation. And, another necessary disclaimer: I'm not a legal professional, and that's not an attempt to give legal advice.
Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.

Last edited by theodrim; 04-30-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Career Officer
# 26
04-30-2013, 09:29 AM
I just asked myself.... what am I going to do if I win ? I already bought the Starter Pack, so winning that would be redundant. I wouldn?t mind getting the Legacy Pack, even though I already have some of the stuff....
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 27
04-30-2013, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
I just asked myself.... what am I going to do if I win ? I already bought the Starter Pack, so winning that would be redundant. I wouldn?t mind getting the Legacy Pack, even though I already have some of the stuff....
Give it away to a friend if you win It will be a code you redeem if you win.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 28
04-30-2013, 10:07 AM
cool now it makes more since. ill see you there
Archer Raremaster
Captain
# 29
04-30-2013, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
You could also get a refund on the Starter Pack.
Commander
# 30
05-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Windows 8 users acces your internet explorer via the start menu, otherwise your adobe flashplayer will crash?? however I did figure out what was wrong with a quick internet search.
Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!

Last edited by lykum; 05-03-2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: typo
Closed Thread