Lt. Commander
# 21
05-07-2013, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
Stop calling the bio-warfare lab a 'garden'!

I admit seeing a room with plants on a Romulan Warbird is....odd. A cloaking device makes much more sense. I hope there will be a proper TNG interior with the torture room/prison/cloaking device etc. as an alternative.
Career Officer
# 22
05-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Are you freaking kidding me? Plants are insidious stuff.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Omicron_pod_plant

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Surata_microbe

My garden is where I plan my revenge on Hakeev!
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Ensign
# 23
05-31-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
Why does this have to be either/or, why not both? Not like there aren't plenty of doors at dead ends.
Being commander of the ship I would EXPECT access to all of my ship, so there should be no locked doors anywhere exept maybe crew quarters. so devs should just put dead ends at dead ends.
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
05-31-2013, 05:58 PM
As far as the Singularity core.......watch "Event Horizon"
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-01-2013, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnlang View Post
Depending on diet type and land conditions, it takes between 0.44 and 2.11 acres to feed one person for a year.
http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/...getarian-diets

Unless it is possible to grow some horrendously dense protein supplement, there is effectively no way to grow crops aboard a ship and make a substantial dent in the food use. Using that much volume of the ship for inefficient storage would be silly. Best use the space for tightly packed MRE type goods or raw replicator resources.
We already have hydrofarming technology that can produce three times the volume in a third of the time with 90% less water use and a fraction of the fertilizer of land-based farming, the only reason we're not transitioning completely to that method of food production is mindless traditionalists and agri-combine lobbyists insisting on farming subsidies.

Combined with genetically enhanced crops and three hundred years of technological advancement, I'm pretty sure that Trek hydro/aeroponics would be capable of feeding a ship's crew, or at least providing a substantial amount of fresh produce to supplement emergency ration packs in the event of replicator failure.

Regardless, this room does seem more like a botanical lab than a food production facility, based on size alone.
--------------
We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.