Captain
# 21
04-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
This change appears to have been the result of an internal miscommunication, and will eventually either be reverted, or altered to be more informative. In either case, your actual Resistance will again be visible.
Thanks for clarification ! Hope to see my old resistances back soon ! But it might not hurt to show both values actually.
Captain
# 22
04-30-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
This change appears to have been the result of an internal miscommunication, and will eventually either be reverted, or altered to be more informative. In either case, your actual Resistance will again be visible.
Personal preference would be a "more informative option" (preferably displaying both resist value and the derived percentage), but I can live with a simple reversion.

Thank ye Bort.
Captain
# 23
04-30-2013, 12:15 PM
An actual numeric value would be more useful if it also displayed the possible maximum. I have no idea what that would be offhand. But say something like 75/200 instead of just 75 would be much more informative in and of itself.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
# 24
04-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:

Thank you for the clarification Bort.

Also, I've posted feedback on the inability to display the Shield Regen of all shield types in the status window.

For example, Borg Shield regen is visible but MACO Shield Regen is not.

To my knowledge, it has not yet been confirmed that this is a known issue.

I'm not sure if this is a UI, Systems or Engineering/Programming request, but as we have hull resistances would it be possible to have shield resistances also visible?

Career Officer
# 25
04-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
On the other hand, it may very well spawn an even greater number of "why am I still taking damage when I have a resist of over 100?" conversations from those who don't know the difference between rating and percentage.
To be completely fair there is no place in game that I know of that explicitly explains how resists function.
Captain
# 26
04-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
To be completely fair there is no place in game that I know of that explicitly explains how resists function.
http://www.stowiki.org/Damage_resistance

Not exactly in-game, but hope it helps.
Captain
# 27
04-30-2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
http://www.stowiki.org/Damage_resistance

Not exactly in-game, but hope it helps.
Note that is only for hull resist. Shields are different
http://www.helpscout.net/75-customer...es-statistics/
Captain
# 28
04-30-2013, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Thank you for the update, borticus. I think most of us agree that an option to see both the resistance ratings and the resistance percentages would be best. But if that is not possible, then we would prefer to see the resistance percentages.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-30-2013, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
An actual numeric value would be more useful if it also displayed the possible maximum. I have no idea what that would be offhand. But say something like 75/200 instead of just 75 would be much more informative in and of itself.

EXACTLY!

If I see something is 20% I can easily figure that out. But when its a made up rating I have no clue what that means. Like 100 would obviously be better than a 75 but the difference is meaning less. It could be 10% better or 2% better. who knows
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Career Officer
# 30
05-01-2013, 08:27 AM
+1 for "more informative" option.