Rihannsu
While your doing all the change testing to rom ships with warpcores getting added in you have to mod all the ships any how. Now is a good time to revisit the galaxy/defiant/intrepid/x ships.

The galaxy needs some uni boff, 4/3/3 console layout atleast. While people want the saucer seperation for the X that can always come later on, that ship needs a fleet version with enough turnrate to atleast make its cannons somewhat viable and prolly the boff layout of the regant with a 4 2 4 console layout.

The defiant and intrepid both need the same uni boff that the gal needed. These ships were tipped to far into 1 specific field and it didnt work out that great at endgame. With the upcoming cloak change since the defiants cloak is just a reg one why not just get rid of the console on it and the gal x and make it a reg ship ability for it. After they decloak they cant recloak until they break combat so its limited already.

You already updated the saucer sep to not suck as hard so ive got nothing to say about that but thank you! Some attention needs to be turned to all the older c-store ships like the dykers etc. Attrox fleet version etc. If your overhauling a ton of ships go balls deep and do them all the right way.
Captain
# 2
04-30-2013, 11:26 AM
I have to agree. The t4 Refits of those ships were great because they were less specialized that their standard counterparts; I speak from personal experience when I say that trying to use the Intrepid-R as an upgrade of the Bellerophon does not work well at all. Being able to set the up Retrofits the same way as the Refits would be most welcome.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Captain
# 3
04-30-2013, 11:53 AM
The T5 RA ships will stay as they are. I really don't see them getting changed at all. They work just fine as RA ships - and a lot of the fan-base gets them for free with the 600 day Vet Reward.

The T5.5 VA Fleet versions will probably get some love, though. The 3 era iconics are really not up to snuff compared to other T5.5 ships. Of course, perhaps, they're not supposed to be up to snuff. It's hard to differentiate canon benefits when all ships are equally good at T5.5.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 4
04-30-2013, 11:53 AM
I have to generally disagree. The Defiant is one of the most powerful alpha-strike ships in the game right now and the fleet version is even more deadly. It was given an extra console in exchange for making the cloak a console, so to make the cloak an innate ability, the extra console slot would probably have to be removed for balance.

Cryptic is not going to buff the turn rate of the Galaxy and Galaxy X. What they are going to do is make RCS consoles work better on slower ships, so that you can buff the turn rate yourself in exchange for using several console slots. This is a fair balance. I do agree that a universal station on the Galaxy would make it much more viable.

And while they are at it, they need to reskin the Galaxy and Galaxy X. Their appearance does not live up to the high expectations set by say, the B'rel, which is a beautifully done famous ship type.
Career Officer
# 5
04-30-2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The T5 RA ships will stay as they are. I really don't see them getting changed at all. They work just fine as RA ships - and a lot of the fan-base gets them for free with the 600 day Vet Reward.

The T5.5 VA Fleet versions will probably get some love, though. The 3 era iconics are really not up to snuff compared to other T5.5 ships. Of course, perhaps, they're not supposed to be up to snuff. It's hard to differentiate canon benefits when all ships are equally good at T5.5.
Those are all VA ships, not RA.
Captain
# 6
04-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
Those are all VA ships, not RA.
But they're like the Regent: 9 console ships as opposed to 10 console T5.5 Fleet ships. The Vesta, Odyssey, and Kumari packs are the only C-Store T5.5 10 console ships. The rest must be purchased in the Fleet store - where you'll find the T5.5 Galaxy, Intrepid, and Defiant. So effectively the Galaxy, Intrepid, and Defiant Rs are no more powerful than any other RA ship.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Commander
# 7
04-30-2013, 12:14 PM
One thing that really hurts me is how D'Deridex came out compared to Galaxy. Those ships should be comparable in performance.
Captain
# 8
04-30-2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjumetley View Post
One thing that really hurts me is how D'Deridex came out compared to Galaxy. Those ships should be comparable in performance.
Unless something's radically changed on Tribble (I know they tweaked stuff last night, but I wasn't aware of any wholesale rebalancing of the D'D), they both still suck.
Captain
# 9
04-30-2013, 12:17 PM
I haven't playtested the big D in STO but in canon it always seemed as the the D'Deridex was bigger and more imposing than the Galaxy. One often cited report was that you could fly the Galaxy through the empty spaces on a D'Deridex.
Captain
# 10
04-30-2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I haven't playtested the big D in STO but in canon it always seemed as the the D'Deridex was bigger and more imposing than the Galaxy. One often cited report was that you could fly the Galaxy through the empty spaces on a D'Deridex.
The Galaxy should fit inside the D'D's hollow core. I don't believe the geometry works out to let it actually fly through however.