Lt. Commander
Since tonight's (Friday's) patch, I cannot load my main Fed character. I get the error "Fatal Error: Error unpacking data" which dumps me back to my desktop. I tried loading him 4 times. Each time the client checks through the 95,000 files, then allows me to connect to the server, and each time my game crashes after selecting my character.

My Klingon character loads right up though. I wonder if it has something to do with a change they made to the client that does not work with my character's build/location/inventory. Anyone else have a problem like this? I either need to reinstall my client, wipe my main character and start over, or just wait to see if they hotfix the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2010, 07:50 PM
I can't login to get to my character.

Edit: Says Connecting to the Account Server. then times out
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2010, 07:53 PM
just installed and started up for the first time and i am getting the same problems (apart from selecting a char) same error same results as yourself so i wouldnt go deleting a char just yet.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Just uninstalled and reinstalled the STO client. Glad I kept that big installer file. Problem solved - I just logged in my main character and everything seems to be working fine.