Lt. Commander
What Romulan Plasma beams should I be buying for PVE DPS for my JHDC?

I want to run the Rom launcer, 4 beams, 1 prototype, 1 borg cutter.

I am not sure what type to get crt-h, acc ??
Empire Veteran
# 2
04-30-2013, 02:25 AM
Acc is the most coveted of all modifiers. Second would be CrtH, third would be CrtD, and the last is Dmg.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Lieutenant
# 3
04-30-2013, 03:15 AM
As Per response 2 thats the same order of priority that I follow as well.
Career Officer
# 4
04-30-2013, 03:16 AM
I personally prefer to have [Acc] once - for an increased chance to hit any projectiles in PvE even with Targeting Systems maxed out. [CrtH] and [CrtD] as much as I can after that, preferably the former over the latter for PvE.
Commander
# 5
04-30-2013, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious09 View Post

I hate to argue with others offering advice, but here I think the above advice is bad.

Do you have high base crit? i.e., do you have the three universal consoles that add to crit chance and 1 or 2 romulan boffs that add to crit chance? If so, and your crit is around 13-16, get [CrtD]x2. For PvE DPS, it is the best modifier, hands down, with sufficient crit chance. If your crit chance is a little low, get [CrtH][CrtD].

[Acc] is really only useful in PvP to overcome other players' huge defense stacking. PvE mobs do not require [Acc] to a large extent, particularly if you have the accuracy trait.

Hope that helps!
__________________________________________________ __
Pay no attention to the dates and titles under my name at the left! I am a Career Officer, Lifetime Sub since launch, was in the Beta. Having problems with my forum account.
Republic Veteran
# 6
04-30-2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoblindmonks View Post
[Acc] is really only useful in PvP to overcome other players' huge defense stacking. PvE mobs do not require [Acc] to a large extent, particularly if you have the accuracy trait.

Hope that helps!
Acc is still a great all purpose mod since against most PvE enemies with minimal evasion, it will overflow to CritX.
# 7
04-30-2013, 07:13 AM
It also depends on any new content. I went from [CrtH]x3 weapons to [Dam]x2[Acc]x2 so I can more reliably tag those bloody crystal shards in CE. Against the big slow Borg in STFs I got more DPS out of CrtH, but I saw a lot more misses pop up in CC.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 8
04-30-2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious09 View Post

I'd say, for beam arrays and turrets, go with [acc]. Their inherit accuracy is not a good as cannons (single, dual, and dual heavies).

If you have cannons, I'd say [crtd] or [crth], depending on how much critical hit you have (lower passive critical hits, go with crth).
Commander
# 9
05-01-2013, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
Acc is still a great all purpose mod since against most PvE enemies with minimal evasion, it will overflow to CritX.
While it does overflow, it does so by a very very small amount.

I also am not sure on this inherent accuracy thing, I have never experienced this. Cryptic is known for hiding stats like this (which I hate Hate HATE!), but personally I have found parsing to show CrtD to outweigh the misses one might get.

Your point in new content is well taken though, if you are not going for maximum DPS, and you are designing something specialized to certain content, such as shooting down things with high defense, then yeah you will want [Acc].
__________________________________________________ __
Pay no attention to the dates and titles under my name at the left! I am a Career Officer, Lifetime Sub since launch, was in the Beta. Having problems with my forum account.
Commander
# 10
05-01-2013, 07:52 AM
I must second twoblindmonks.

There are tools that allow you to analyze the combat log. Search STOIC parser e.g.. 3xCrtD does VERY well in PvE encounters.

Acc carries over and translates into CritX, but it is BEST in PvP against enemies with high defense we simply don'T have in PvE at all.

Acc, CrtH, CrtD, Dmg <- is nevertheless a good rule of thumb.