Lt. Commander
# 131
08-16-2008, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra View Post
For those out there who don't understand english Mr Emmeert said that his kids will be a year older when the game comes out!!!
got back to the vegas video at 38:13 ish he didn't say that
Lt. Commander
# 132
08-17-2008, 02:30 AM
The whole concept sounds awesome. Good to see a ton of people organising themselves into "fleets" at this (early?) point in development.

The space combat / exploration sounds HUGE. I like it.

I just hope the ground combat isn't "click to fight" like in WOW - I know it looks like it will be third person (from the trailer), but if it leans toward a more FPS style I would be happy. BUT, if the combat is real fast with multiple enemies, I guess "click combat" will be ok.

I guess there's not much else to do now but wait.... Thanks for the FAQ. Will lurk & look for more updates in the comming months.
Lt. Commander
# 133
08-17-2008, 02:25 PM
hi my trekkie fellows!
I must say that my dream has finaly become reality
im loking so much forward to ST online, cant wait
Lt. Commander
but if it leans toward a more FPS style I would be happy. BUT, if the combat is real fast with multiple enemies, I guess "click combat" will be ok

I totaly agree with you , it was excactly what i was thinking, the ground combat should be more like FPS first person shoting view style instead of third person view,
we want the feel that feels just like we are in the real world invorioment or VR world and by get this feeling like we are in Real life then we shoudl se the ground battle and exploration on the ground from first person view and stear the weapons nand carachers hand like any other FPS games instead , the ground combat should be in first persion view like the one you see in FPS games like the star trek Elite Force game forexample , witch is also one of my favorite ST game FPS view gives the perfect feeling that you are inside the game like insid the starship or walking on the along the beach in some distant palnet
so if we should gain the best Reallife feeling that we exploring the invorioment on the ground or shooting enemies or battle klingons with beth'leth on the ground then it should be viewed from FPS view , and NOt from third person view.
Lt. Commander
# 135
08-17-2008, 06:38 PM
if they did FPS it should be like Mass Effects.... Not rewarding twicht control. Plus if alot of people on in ur area it could slow down so that would be useless. Mass Effect FPS was ur accuracy is based on skill points, so being dead on at a far range could still miss.
Lt. Commander
# 136
08-18-2008, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timetraveler_from_Future
but if it leans toward a more FPS style I would be happy. BUT, if the combat is real fast with multiple enemies, I guess "click combat" will be ok

I totaly agree with you , it was excactly what i was thinking, the ground combat should be more like FPS first person shoting view style instead of third person view,
we want the feel that feels just like we are in the real world invorioment or VR world and by get this feeling like we are in Real life then we shoudl se the ground battle and exploration on the ground from first person view and stear the weapons nand carachers hand like any other FPS games instead , the ground combat should be in first persion view like the one you see in FPS games like the star trek Elite Force game forexample , witch is also one of my favorite ST game FPS view gives the perfect feeling that you are inside the game like insid the starship or walking on the along the beach in some distant palnet
so if we should gain the best Reallife feeling that we exploring the invorioment on the ground or shooting enemies or battle klingons with beth'leth on the ground then it should be viewed from FPS view , and NOt from third person view.
Some good points, but, now that I think of it - if your going to go to all the trouble of customising the race / look of your character - you want to SEE what the results look like.

You may have misunderstood what meant by :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrilegious
I just hope the ground combat isn't "click to fight" like in WOW - I know it looks like it will be third person (from the trailer), but if it leans toward a more FPS style I would be happy. BUT, if the combat is real fast with multiple enemies, I guess "click combat" will be ok.
I just mean more control of your aiming rather than clicking on a specific ememy & waiting till it's dead until you click on the next. (Headshots FTW). MMO games NEED to be in the third person view.
Lt. Commander
They definately have the space battle simulation thing going in the right direction. The only concern I have with Cryptic Studios is with their ability to truely grasp the nature of Star Trek. I recall what made me stop playing City of Hero's, the worlds were all the same once you got to know them. It became boring as I would find myself going through simliar types of caverns that were only slightly augmented for differentl levels and powering up took forever, characters were predictable and fight scene's were a little over the top when everyone was using their powers, it was redundant and in the end I quit playing, in turn they stopped getting my 14.99 a month.

It will be necessary to simply have the ability to hop in my own ship and travel to the Mutara sector, find someone such as a small Vulcan science vessle doing research and assimliate them. We need to be able to punch in the coordinates to Wolf359 and accelerate to warp 8 if a emergency comes over the com. Captains Chair visuals would be a definate plus. Black holes that flip you into another part of the galaxy would be pretty cool too, but we can only hope the designers think of everything. If they do, they got my $14.99 for life, if it sucks l'll play it for a month or so and wait for the next cool game to come out.

Hopefully they will focus their attention on the actual galaxy and try to mimic our own galaxy into the world of Startrek. They should have each quadrent mapped and the ability to travel in somewhat real time to each quadrent. So if I want to leave Earth and go explore the Delta Quadrent and it takes me only 5 minutes to get there at warp 9, I'm not going to be impressed, not even if I'm piloting a Fusion Cube at transwarp.

t.
Lt. Commander
# 138
08-18-2008, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades29A View Post
i just read the FAQ, and i found it quite interesting!
i'm looking forward for more

*edit*
oh, just read the previous post too, and i'm happy to see some ppl still remember Earth & Beyond!
that was a wonderful MMO, too bad it vanished so soon ...
if STO goes the way E&B did, i'm sure it'll become a SUPER MMO, one i'll be playing for sure!
and being a CoH/V player, i have high hopes
I loved E&B. I was a baffled by its' 'twilight' as anyone.

As long as Electronic Arts has nothing to do with STO, It's life span will be determined by the player base and developers, and not by some executive who dislikes games and wants to save a penny.

X
Lt. Commander
It will be necessary to simply have the ability to hop in my own ship and travel to the Mutara sector, find someone such as a small Vulcan science vessle doing research and assimliate them. We need to be able to punch in the coordinates to Wolf359 and accelerate to warp 8 if a emergency comes over the com. Captains Chair visuals would be a definate plus. Black holes that flip you into another part of the galaxy would be pretty cool too, but we can only hope the designers think of everything. If they do, they got my $14.99 for life, if it sucks l'll play it for a month or so and wait for the next cool game to come out.

Hopefully they will focus their attention on the actual galaxy and try to mimic our own galaxy into the world of Startrek. They should have each quadrent mapped and the ability to travel in somewhat real time to each quadrent. So if I want to leave Earth and go explore the Delta Quadrent and it takes me only 5 minutes to get there at warp 9, I'm not going to be impressed, not even if I'm piloting a Fusion Cube at transwarp.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I AGREE WITH YOU

i hope they using real pace physic as much as possible and focus on the actualy physics galaxy to mimic our own milky way galaxy as much as possible, and show large phenomena like blackholes, ionic winds , solarsystem and planets formations, comets, meteor rains, supernovas, temporal rift or like quantum singularities that can send you to another universe like the universe of terran empire forexample, and explore beyond the realm there too,and in this other paralell universe can be another big server forexample.
And also use realtime to interstellar travells like impuls drive , transwarpdrives and warpdrive travel trough the milky way galaxy, like 70 thousand lightyears would take like seven 70 years with warp-speed to travel and etc, and in that slowmotion way you would be able to discover and find new civilisations and new life and techs and new undiscovered space phenomena in space whitch is perfect for space exploration beyond the realm , like never seen before, and if you using like artifical deepspace nine wormholes witch i hope it will be excisting in ST online witch i hope would give you the paossebility to travel to other edge in minutes without the the need of waiting for years before you reach the other side , but for that you would instead dissmis all the new discoverey that you would find if you traveled in slower rate like with warpdrive, and transwarp should take the same amount iof time like the real transwarp condours in real st series, so wormhole is perfect for battles to shortcut travels, to specific battle areas or meetings

and when it comes to stear the ship in space with impulsdrive forexample it would better to stear it in realtime, like with jouystic or keyboard like you stear your car race games or like you stear the ships on Star Trek legacy by for full realtime controll ((and AVOID all the klicking like you use in EVE)) instead stear the ship freely in full control of your own and the ship should be seen from third person shooter like it is shown in spacebattles in ST online
And when it comes to go to warpdrive on specific coredantes it would be awsome to type like warp 8 or 9 on keyboard and then klick on the cordenation on the map and from there it goes to warp after you cklick on warp button on keyboard or on mouse scroll weel like you do in startrek legacy (but after you gave the cordinates for warp) so the ship can go to warp from point A to point B

and i also hope that space phenomena stars and planets would be in realtime size aswhen you aproch the celestial object like in real life reality , and not like you see in eve or in startrek legacy that looks like the ship is alsmost big as the whole planet
Lt. Commander
# 140 Tease
08-18-2008, 07:06 AM
I am a huge star trek fan. Own the movies.....t.v series(not deep space 9) and some of the books. I also am a huge mmo fan. wow, ****, city of hero's and such. And when a friend told me about this i went through the roof. Watched the trailer and drool'd and watched the via web show of the conv in las vegas and after it all.......it 's gonna kill me to wait 3 to 4 years!!!! This is the mmo i ve been waiting for. Didnt care for e.v.e at all. I am glad this is coming out, but to announce it 3 to 4 years proir? You do realize theirs a ton of us trekkies drooling at the key board!!