Lt. Commander
# 141 to --> Sacrilegious
08-18-2008, 06:13 AM
if your going to go to all the trouble of customising the race / look of your character - you want to SEE what the results look like.

i know the consequense that i might miss the caracters lookthat i have designed.
but for me it sems that the FPS view and control like aming and movement in ground combat or exploration, is far more important , than what your caracter you made look like, for me i the feeling the feels that you are in the game, would make alot of fun and gives the real feels that you are in the game, that would make you you love playing the ground battles,
and besides wen you play in fps mode the other online gamers would still se your caracter from persons view, witch is more important that they se eyour whole caracter than you see your won caracter all day long , becaus ein reality you the invorioment from FPS view and your whole self unless you use mirror offcourse ,and the game could archive the same in ground battle and exploration like oteher fps games, by using your caracter from 3d view is not the way to give the feeling like you are in the invorioment, all online games have 3d person viewing like wow forexample, and i think its time to make something new something diffrent revolutionary when it comes to online gaming that would go one step futrthure toards a real vr like games instead, by thinking outside the box instead, it is the key that would make gaming more fun and also there are many VR.video glases or helmet with head tracking movment sensor system on the market that can be used for FPS viewed gaming instead of using your regular pc screens or mouse movment to look around. the head mount tracking vr glasses or helmet would replace that and give you the tootal filing that you are inside the game, wicth would make the game alot more funn and alot more realitsic, but that is only if the ground battle games is seen from FPS view ofcourse,
because the more realistic feeling the game has the more fun the game will have , instead of only focusing how your designed caracter looks like all the time, its better to let other online gamers see how you look like insetad of you look at yoru caracter all the time, if you do so the feeling in the game wont be the same as if you use fps view, it you can insted use mirror in the room to see your whole self instead from 3rd view , and also see your self on 3rd view if the video sequense in the game loads up forexample then you cna better see your self from 3d person view in the video, and then wehn you begin to play you see yoru self from first view instead for best maximum realistic feeling,
and yes avoid all the mouse klicking
ground battle should be full controlled from persons own will, move aim at will in realtime and etc instead, for clicking like you do in WOW or final fantasy like a boring physical traditional brick game XD ,
you would never archive a real feel like invorioment if you play games with klicking or use view as 3d person view, the game would never be much fun as it it would if it could be controled and seen as realistic as ppossible , move your won caracter and aim your self on caracter you want to shoot etc and see the whole thing from first view instead. online gaming should go more toards the virtual reality goals,
and go NOT toards stupid WOW like games
Lt. Commander
# 142
08-18-2008, 06:23 AM
btw im sorry for my bad english, i know i spelled like a 5 year old child

but i hope you understood me ? my dear trekker friends
Lt. Commander
# 143
08-18-2008, 11:38 PM
Hello everyone!

For russian fan Star Trek Online

http://pc.reborn.ru/index.php?contentid=64472

:p
Lt. Commander
# 144
08-18-2008, 11:54 PM
I truly hope the fights are FPS-like. Space fight with the ships can be more RPG like, obviously, as you have to upgrade your ship's various systems throughtout your career... but I'll highly dislike an RPG-style phase fight...

"You have learned disrupter attack 2! Costs: 47 stamina and does 13-32 damage"...EWW

I would rather you have a chance to earn different weapons that do different kinds of damage, amounts of damage, different ranges, recharge rates, energy capacities, accuracy, etc... and play it like any First Person Shooter. I'm so taking a phase rifle and blasting some Klingons in the face! BOOM, headshot.

I saw someone mentioned Elite Force... Yes! I want the ground/in-ship combat to be like Elite Force... man that would be awesome.

I guess there could still be a lot of RPG style to it too... as long as it plays like a FPS.

You could earn new tech like a personal transporter or a personal shield generator... a temporary force field emitter, a tricorder to locate people, a tricorder jammer... maybe even a drone... medical supplies... so much potential that I wish I could be a real part to the development of this game.
Lt. Commander
# 145 excactly Jertyrael
08-19-2008, 08:08 AM
excactly precicly JERTYRAEL!

that was excactly what i ment

i totaly garee with you my friend

and also btw , im the one who mensioned the ST Elite Force before . in my previoues post

Elite force is my favorite game i love it because it gives the best realistic feeling that you are inside the game invorioment thanx to the FPS view and freely movement

that the ground battle games should be in FPS excactly like Elite Force , to stear and shot aim and fight freely everything freely like every FPS game. so long you are on the planet or inside your starship walking around , interact with others etc or inside the spacestation space colony or on some moon or other places, everything should be seen from FPS view and fight and shoot klingons in the head from FPS view and move freely like elite force

while the ship bettle in outer sapce can be seen from 3rd view but avoid the klicking, and use freely movment instead
Lt. Commander
# 146
08-19-2008, 08:24 AM
but i also wish that spaceships battles could also be seen from FPS vie too like you seen in st bridge commander game, that you siiting on the chaire and stear the ship from the eyes view (FPS), that would be awsome, with maximum feeling that you are inside the game and would feel more that you have control over your own shup too
like in the real star trek movies and series

at least when it comes to exploration in space form space ship it is almost a must to be seen from FPS view when you discover new space phenomena or planet in space, it would be more better controled and realisticaly to see it from FPS vie when you siting in the bridhge, like in brid commander and in reality , and also alowed to go around the bridge to difrent posts and press the bottons by pushing the other player whio already stand there i his post and etc, this way it could be more relaisticaly because it would be more freely and therfore far more fun because its will make you feel free to move around the bridge on st online from fps view while you are in the battle between the romulan ship in space forexample and you can use other occupied post by puching your crew member from post and alow yoru self press the button of photon torpedos and etc, that would be super awsome!

even if i know it wont be anything like that in st online

but i hope at least some specific mode for st online can make this happen to transfrom the ship battle to FPS view or at least ground fight to FPS view, (( witch is a must in my opinion ))
i would be more than happy if they give uss the possebility to transfrom to almost everything in FPS view
Lt. Commander
# 147
08-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Will you need to have to have an internet connection to play Star Trek Online?

lmao
Lt. Commander
# 148
08-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timetraveler_from_Future
but i also wish that spaceships battles could also be seen from FPS vie too like you seen in st bridge commander game, that you siiting on the chaire and stear the ship from the eyes view (FPS), that would be awsome, with maximum feeling that you are inside the game and would feel more that you have control over your own shup too
like in the real star trek movies and series

at least when it comes to exploration in space form space ship it is almost a must to be seen from FPS view when you discover new space phenomena or planet in space, it would be more better controled and realisticaly to see it from FPS vie when you siting in the bridhge, like in brid commander and in reality , and also alowed to go around the bridge to difrent posts and press the bottons by pushing the other player whio already stand there i his post and etc, this way it could be more relaisticaly because it would be more freely and therfore far more fun because its will make you feel free to move around the bridge on st online from fps view while you are in the battle between the romulan ship in space forexample and you can use other occupied post by puching your crew member from post and alow yoru self press the button of photon torpedos and etc, that would be super awsome!

even if i know it wont be anything like that in st online

but i hope at least some specific mode for st online can make this happen to transfrom the ship battle to FPS view or at least ground fight to FPS view, (( witch is a must in my opinion ))
i would be more than happy if they give uss the possebility to transfrom to almost everything in FPS view

Star Trek Bridge Comamander = Awesome space fights...

I hope they do the space fights like the are in STBC...
If anyone has played Legacy.. I HATED Legacy... I couldn't get past the first level, it was just so annoying...
Lt. Commander
# 149
08-20-2008, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timetraveler_from_Future
btw im sorry for my bad english, i know i spelled like a 5 year old child

but i hope you understood me ? my dear trekker friends
Spelling like a 5 year old would be a massive improvement for myself.
Lt. Commander
# 150
08-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Have they said anything about species stats for the charaters like vulcans getting +1 to int or KIingons geting +2 to str or any thing like that just one of the many things i was wondering.