Lt. Commander
# 161
09-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Nice FAQ, guys. I'm sure there'll be more questions to answer as we go along, though.
Lt. Commander
# 162
09-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
I don't mind PC players and Console players being able to play on the same server together. as long as the PC version is not dumbed down just to accomodate the limited input capacity of console interfaces. If I am playing on a PC, then I had better be able to have full hotkey support and all of the in-depth interface options of a full-blown PC-only MMO, even if the console players must make do without such features.

The way technology is advancing, within the next three years, there will likely be keyboard and mouse add-ons for all of the mainstream consoles, which will allow those player to experience the full input features.

All though it was never officially confirmed or denied, supposedly, the dumbing down of Star Wars Galaxies that occurred with the NGE was a precursor to the launching of that game on the console. The interface was simplified way down and no longer could be customized. I think that what threw a wet blanket on their plans was the fact that so many people left the game because they hated the changes. The outlook couldn't have been good for the investors whose money would have been rding on a PC-to-console port deal.

Oh SWG is much better these days, but it took them three years to get it that way, and still they have a lot of work to do.

So again... As long as the PC version of the game is not dumbed down to accomodate console players who do not have a keyboard and mouse, I'll be fine. But if it IS dumbed down in that way, I promise that I will not waste my money on it. Not to buy it and certainly not to subscribe to it.
i play on both pc and console and love playing on them both however i must agree with you that that the PC version must not suffer because i played C&C3 on the PC and then got it for 360 and the interface was dumbed down and it sucked! so i will be getting this game for the PC because it is simply better for this type of game
Lt. Commander
# 163
09-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Quote:
I wouldn't worry... no one in their right mind would trust SOE and their cretinous CEO with a new MMORPG after the SWG fiasco.
(( No one except DC studios with DC Universe Online in the works. )).
Lt. Commander
# 164
10-22-2008, 06:33 AM
Shall we assume that the FAQ is the official word and that info from interviews and articles is secondary?
I know the game is developing and changes in concept (and therefore apparent conflicts) will occur. So I am just wondering what the general guideline is having read the FAQ and then having found much more detailed discussions of topics elsewhere such as in these forums and in Gameinformer. Thanks for any help here.
Lt. Commander
# 165 i can not wait
11-26-2008, 08:32 AM
nice 1 i can not wait