Lt. Commander
# 31
08-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamar View Post
I dunno.... The game will be set in the year 2409... so SOMEHOW I guess it will be released next year....
Did you not see the podcast? He said 3 years.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djin View Post
Did you not see the podcast? He said 3 years.
Learn to read within the lines :-)
3 years is not an official date. Just some kind of joke.
I bet they will release it next year.

If they have some sense of bussiness they will do an open beta test appx. 2 months. It good for us and good for them. The players can explore the gameplay, and Cryptex has a chance to test the system under pressure, and fix the errors, bugs, etc.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Will there be PvP, PvE and RP rule set servers?
There will not be separate servers. Open PvP will be restricted to designated sectors of space (far-off reaches of unclaimed territory). Consensual PvP and competitive PvE will occur between the realm borders (the Neutral Zone), where players will be competing over territory and resources with the option to PvP.
Taken from the new Official FAQ

Am I reading this right? This is saying there will not be separate servers for different play styles? or is it saying there will be one big server?

*I didn't see a thread on this, so if I missed it just linky me please. thanks
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-12-2008, 03:19 PM
I was hoping for RP servers.....
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-12-2008, 03:19 PM
The first - it's responding to the question "Will there be separate servers for RP, PvP and PvE?" with a simple "No."

We will likely have multiple servers (unless Jack gets his wish), but they will be different in name only, like CoX's.

It IS easy to misread, though, I agree.
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Kinda looks that way. Or multiple copies of pve servers only. Although, Jack said they had the tech to do an Eve type server set up.
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-12-2008, 03:21 PM
You are reading that correct... the announcment Q&A in Vegas said similar, that they were trying to contain it all on a single server.

Personally I would like 2... a PVE and a PVP... I do not like areas that PVP is not allowed... two servers allow players who don't want pvp to stay away from those who enjoy pvp and the added element of gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 38
Seems to me like all servers (however many there are) will be the exact same aside from player driven content and players.
Lt. Commander
# 39
I would like to see one big server for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDart View Post
The first - it's responding to the question "Will there be separate servers for RP, PvP and PvE?" with a simple "No."

We will likely have multiple servers (unless Jack gets his wish), but they will be different in name only, like CoX's.

It IS easy to misread, though, I agree.
Yeah I read it as "no" to separate rule sets, but it is a little confusing.

I really think one big server is problematic for those of us that would like to try both factions.