Lt. Commander
# 41
08-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchBuck View Post
You are reading that correct... the announcment Q&A in Vegas said similar, that they were trying to contain it all on a single server.

Personally I would like 2... a PVE and a PVP... I do not like areas that PVP is not allowed... two servers allow players who don't want pvp to stay away from those who enjoy pvp and the added element of gameplay.
Isn't that the same reasoning the "Zoned" PVP uses?

"different zones allow players who don't want to PVP to stay away from those who do"
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Am I reading this right? This is saying there will no be separate servers for different play styles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FAQ View Post
There will not be separate servers.
That is correct.
Lt. Commander
# 43
08-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Destroyer
Learn to read within the lines :-)
3 years is not an official date. Just some kind of joke.
I bet they will release it next year.

If they have some sense of bussiness they will do an open beta test appx. 2 months. It good for us and good for them. The players can explore the gameplay, and Cryptex has a chance to test the system under pressure, and fix the errors, bugs, etc.
Open beta test usually means it's about to go gold....

The open beta test would be cluttered with kiddies who want nothing but a free game to play... you're talking about regular beta testing, that day will come.

Open beta usually is based around stress testing the servers, login servers, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 44
08-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Good to see the FAQ up, but not much new on there.
Lt. Commander
# 45 Wow
08-12-2008, 02:34 PM
At this rate, we could have an official wiki by the end of the week! :p
Lt. Commander
# 46 Release Date
08-12-2008, 02:35 PM
I have been waiting for a star trek MMO to come out for many years (since ultima online debute) since I have always been a big star trek fan. I was disapointed to hear in the podcast that it would be up to three years before release. I hope you are right that it may be next year sometime but i doubt it.
Lt. Commander
# 47
08-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Some solid questions with some solid answers. I was hoping for a lot more but this is a good start. Keep it coming Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 48
08-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Destroyer
Learn to read within the lines :-)
3 years is not an official date. Just some kind of joke.
I bet they will release it next year.

If they have some sense of bussiness they will do an open beta test appx. 2 months. It good for us and good for them. The players can explore the gameplay, and Cryptex has a chance to test the system under pressure, and fix the errors, bugs, etc.
You're not being serious about a open beta in two months... Are you???

Nevermind, I won't even bother... lol
Lt. Commander
# 49
08-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkan View Post
PCs AND Consoles DO NOT fit together. Remember that!
I don't mind PC players and Console players being able to play on the same server together. as long as the PC version is not dumbed down just to accomodate the limited input capacity of console interfaces. If I am playing on a PC, then I had better be able to have full hotkey support and all of the in-depth interface options of a full-blown PC-only MMO, even if the console players must make do without such features.

The way technology is advancing, within the next three years, there will likely be keyboard and mouse add-ons for all of the mainstream consoles, which will allow those player to experience the full input features.

All though it was never officially confirmed or denied, supposedly, the dumbing down of Star Wars Galaxies that occurred with the NGE was a precursor to the launching of that game on the console. The interface was simplified way down and no longer could be customized. I think that what threw a wet blanket on their plans was the fact that so many people left the game because they hated the changes. The outlook couldn't have been good for the investors whose money would have been rding on a PC-to-console port deal.

Oh SWG is much better these days, but it took them three years to get it that way, and still they have a lot of work to do.

So again... As long as the PC version of the game is not dumbed down to accomodate console players who do not have a keyboard and mouse, I'll be fine. But if it IS dumbed down in that way, I promise that I will not waste my money on it. Not to buy it and certainly not to subscribe to it.
Lt. Commander
# 50
08-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Awesome FAQ, answered a lot of questions.

Not sure how Console and PC people will play together =/