Lt. Commander
# 1 Launcher login dont work!
01-15-2010, 09:47 PM
No matter how many times.. i have a legit username and password input and the launcher won't launch my game at all because it keeps claming my password and username is wrong! I can login website and via forums also. I don't UNDERSTAND?!?! I even already put the key in. I'm very disappointed in STO beta. I wanted to test it and see if i would like it because i had plans to get membership and the full deluxe version. Apparently i cannot login my launcher so that's gonna mean one thing,this game stinks! Sorry i'm raging and please help me. No matter how many times i try to login and all that it STILL says invalid username and password? What the hell am i suppose to put? My email or User handle? I did both and still don't work! I'm done! I hope someone can help or i'm spreading the word at www.overclock.net how this game sucks and how buggy it is!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Walters78
No matter how many times.. i have a legit username and password input and the launcher won't launch my game at all because it keeps claming my password and username is wrong! I can login website and via forums also. I don't UNDERSTAND?!?! I even already put the key in. I'm very disappointed in STO beta. I wanted to test it and see if i would like it because i had plans to get membership and the full deluxe version. Apparently i cannot login my launcher so that's gonna mean one thing,this game stinks! Sorry i'm raging and please help me. No matter how many times i try to login and all that it STILL says invalid username and password? What the hell am i suppose to put? My email or User handle? I did both and still don't work! I'm done! I hope someone can help or i'm spreading the word at www.overclock.net how this game sucks and how buggy it is!
is your caps lock on? i have done that before...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2010, 10:45 PM
I am having the exqct same issue and I cant seem to get a response from anyone how to resolve it.I have eve done a reinstall on the client to no avail. I understand that is beta but really now if you want us to test it we need to be able to log on. Sorry I cant help but I share your pain. Not happy either.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2010, 01:39 PM
I just got access to the open beta, and I'm sure like others I was extremely excited to check out the game. But I can't Log in either. I've tried changing my password a few times on the site, tried e-mail address as well as the website handle and keeps giving me invalid username/password. This is really making me double think whether I want to even bother with this game. And the LACK of customer support on this issue in these threads is VERY upsetting!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-20-2010, 02:38 PM
I just installed this game and set up an account on the website with my CD key and I have the same problem.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Walters78
I wanted to test it and see if i would like it because i had plans to get membership and the full deluxe version.
I stopped reading right there. You should probably just pack up and leave right now and not come back until after the game has gone live. People think beta test means you get to try it for free to see how you like it just as you stated above. That IS NOT THE PURPOSE OF A BETA. You're here to help Cryptic find bugs and get them fixed. It's more like a job, not play time.

This is why I hate modern betas. Back in the day you had to fill out a REAL application to get into a beta. You had to prove with credentials and past experience that you knew what you were doing and were there to help the team. Now, any kid with a half decent internet connection can beta test and it dilutes the quality of the game when it goes live.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Perhaps it was all for the best anyway. Toodles.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notajunkie
I just got access to the open beta, and I'm sure like others I was extremely excited to check out the game. But I can't Log in either. I've tried changing my password a few times on the site, tried e-mail address as well as the website handle and keeps giving me invalid username/password. This is really making me double think whether I want to even bother with this game. And the LACK of customer support on this issue in these threads is VERY upsetting!!
Whats upsetting is your LACK of ability to read. The posts are there, just stop being lazy for one second and use the search feature or perhaps even click on the Dev Post links and try reading. Don't blame Cryptic for your failure.