Lt. Commander
# 1 Ship interiors: Shuttlebays
05-13-2013, 07:56 PM
So, talking to some friends, one brought up that he'd like to rp as a fighter pilot, and it made me think, we could use shuttlebays for ship insides.

I instantly expanded on the thought, what if like the "Hallway" selector, you had a shuttlebay selector. Small, Medium, Large, and Carrier. And then an option (mainly for carriers) that c-store/zen store ships had their own shuttlebay (Like the Belfast interiour would have the defiant shuttlebay, the TOS the TOS shuttlebay. Atrox carrier would have one of the hanger bays on the model with the stalker fighters parked, while the armitage would have a fitting hanger.)

Small would have maybe one shuttle/runabout (or a few smaller shuttles), medium having an increase, large having the most. Then carrier would feature fighters and shuttles parked. (federation having the peregine, while the KDF would have the KDf fighter, and maybe even a parked BoP.) Obviously c-store carriers would feature fitting insides and fighter-craft/shuttles parked. Another thing I just thought of would be a toggle/selector of what ships are parked. Like the yellowstone runabout in place of normal, or the advanced BoP model instead of normal.

You'd access it from the turbolift, just like any ship interior level.

Rough idea, unlikely to be used, but I thought I'd toss it out there since we have more carrier ships and fighters/shuttles.
Survivor of Remus
# 2
05-13-2013, 08:35 PM
You have provided an EXCELLENT idea that would enhance role play and the overall player/fan experience when playing the game ... and that's probably why devs and the other "powers that be" at Cryptic will likely ignore your idea.

For whatever it's worth, I hope we see your idea in the game at some point.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."
Career Officer
# 3
05-13-2013, 09:00 PM
I'd still love to see some kind, any kind of interior for the Galor, JHAS, and other ships.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
05-13-2013, 09:06 PM
awesome idea op

as for the interiors...they Already have Full fed interiors...we know this because some of the KDF missions have you raiding a ship, all they would have to do is get rid of all the damage and BOOM Federation interiors lol...I've seen the shuttlebay alone pop up ALOT while playing the game, one particular instance is the shuttlebay holoprogram during Of Bajor seen by both the feds and kdf.

but apart from that i like it OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p