Rihannsu
# 1 (Romulan) Plasma Quad Cannons
05-01-2013, 02:56 PM
FEDs have their phasers, KDF got their disruptors, so how about Plasma Quad Cannons for Romulans? I was surprised to see none of the C-Store ship variants comes with them as a special item. True, Romulans will be able to obtain their ally's Quad variant, but personally I think a Plasma option should be available for them in one way or another. Dilithium store perhaps? A variant of Romulan Plasma Quad Cannons could even be made available for all factions through the Reputation System.

Yeah, I know these cannons are nothing special when it comes to endgame performance, but they do look nice and when I equipped the Disruptor Quad Cannons on my D'deridex I really enjoyed how the firing efect looked on this particular ship. Still, I'm planning to go plasma when LoR goes live, so no quads for me, sadly... That is, unless Cryptic'll surprise us and introduce plasma quads in one way or another.
Captain
# 2
05-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Surprised they didn't have one for Romulans. Mean I've got the quad disruptors, don't use them cause ACCx3 does way more dps in reality, but surprised they don't have a ship that's got them. Probably will announce it as a cstore ship sometime after LOR.
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Captain
# 3
05-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Would have been a good weapon for the Valdore.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Lieutenant
# 4
05-01-2013, 09:01 PM
I'd immediately go for Plasma quads if they didn't come with silly acc or dmg modifiers. It's hard enough to miss something as is. Even just a simple CrtD CrtH would be inspiring.
Survivor of Remus
# 5
05-02-2013, 03:04 AM
I'd love to see Romulans get their own Quad cannons.

Unfortunately they may just be content to make us buy our ally's ship and have us use the Fed/KDF versions.
Captain
# 6
05-02-2013, 03:24 AM
Yes would love this, come on please! At the moment im using plasma for all my romulans and a quad cannon would be very much appreciated, come devs its just a little request
Captain
# 7
05-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arxial View Post
I'd immediately go for Plasma quads if they didn't come with silly acc or dmg modifiers. It's hard enough to miss something as is. Even just a simple CrtD CrtH would be inspiring.
*facepalm* You have no idea what ACC becomes do you and why it's the best modifier? XD
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Empire Veteran
# 8
05-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
FEDs have their phasers, KDF got their disruptors, so how about Plasma Quad Cannons for Romulans? I was surprised to see none of the C-Store ship variants comes with them as a special item. True, Romulans will be able to obtain their ally's Quad variant, but personally I think a Plasma option should be available for them in one way or another. Dilithium store perhaps? A variant of Romulan Plasma Quad Cannons could even be made available for all factions through the Reputation System.

Yeah, I know these cannons are nothing special when it comes to endgame performance, but they do look nice and when I equipped the Disruptor Quad Cannons on my D'deridex I really enjoyed how the firing efect looked on this particular ship. Still, I'm planning to go plasma when LoR goes live, so no quads for me, sadly... That is, unless Cryptic'll surprise us and introduce plasma quads in one way or another.
I was able to Claim the Quad disruptor Cannons from the Z-Store on Tribble even though I did not own the BOP that they came with and I use them on my D'deridex and I liked them so much that I bought them on the live server for all my KDF Characters to use

Plasma Quads would be nice for the Romulans
Career Officer
# 9
05-02-2013, 11:44 AM
There's only one ugly problem. If you'll shoot two colours when you upgrade to NR plasma-disruptors.

Personally I'm planning to go canon with disruptors. I would really love a way to claim the disruptor quads (I have them on the live server) with Fed Romulans.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Empire Veteran
# 10
05-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
There's only one ugly problem. If you'll shoot two colours when you upgrade to NR plasma-disruptors.

Personally I'm planning to go canon with disruptors. I would really love a way to claim the disruptor quads (I have them on the live server) with Fed Romulans.
Maybe an option in the D-Store to buy quads of different Energy types provided that you own the Z-Store ship the has the Quads for the Fed or the KDF Faction.