Lt. Commander
# 121
05-02-2013, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
This kind of post really bothers me. It indicates that you guys have no idea how things really work.

If the singularity core's cooldown is at least 40 seconds, what is the point in having a 30 second recharge time on each power? It doesnt "prevent the same power from being used back to back" because power doesnt recharge for 40 seconds after use anyway.

Seriously, has this not occurred to anyone else?

Its embarrassing.
After 30 seconds you can use one of the other singularity skills (the one you used is on a 40 second CD).
Captain
# 122
05-02-2013, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Systems:[*]Romulan Cloak: Increased this power's recharge time from 20 seconds to 40 seconds.[*]Romulan Battle Cloak: Increased this power's recharge time from 20 seconds to 40 seconds.
Well im going to cal this the nerf that killed the warbirds

Biggest mistake youve guys made yet the battle cloak is the only way ships like the D'deridex and Ha'apax are even practicle to use now you just made them sitting ducks.

If this goes live i wont even bother with playing a romulan man you guys must be drunk to think a nerf like this is smart
Lt. Commander
# 123
05-02-2013, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
This kind of post really bothers me. It indicates that you guys have no idea how things really work.

If the singularity core's cooldown is at least 40 seconds, what is the point in having a 30 second recharge time on each power? It doesnt "prevent the same power from being used back to back" because power doesnt recharge for 40 seconds after use anyway.

Seriously, has this not occurred to anyone else?

Its embarrassing.
from LoR Dev Blog #9:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchonCryptic
The T'varo Warbird Refit comes with a universal Singularity Stabilizer console. The Singularity Stabilizer will immediately bring an offline Singularity meter back online. In addition, using it provides a gradual boost to Singularity power over the next several seconds. This console can be used on any Romulan Warbird.
Given, we haven't been able to even think about testing it. (The devs might want to get on, since regardless of the cooldown, this will be a game-changer. The Dhael's, too). There's also the Singularity Core modifier that shaves x% off the cooldown - do we know if it affects both types of cooldowns, or just the global, or something else? And will there be more gear - or even a BOff trait - that will shave that global?

tl:dr; we have yet to see the devs' hole card, at this point 21 days out.

bonus round: yep, they're balancing around a c-store console. fan~tas~tic. mandatory 500z burn, anyone?
Captain
# 124
05-02-2013, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptkeeper0 View Post
doubling cloak time... Why ? I felt like that was unnecessary nerf or change.

While i don't think boff traits should ever be able to stack with other boffs. To make combat cloak so quick.

If boff traits didn't stack people would be more encouraged to pick the boffs they want instead of what to min or max.
And you can't balance around the min/maxers. Seriously, their job is to find exploits, but if you balance for them then what happens is you break the game for everyone else. Hence the sub-optimal build crap, for people who prefer to be all arounders.

There should be a drawback for someone that builds their crew to solely reduce their cloak, or another trait that's just as useful, but doesn't appear with the superior operative trait. There needs to be a trade off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrq2 View Post
I never did like the 20 sec cooldown on battle cloaks. It makes the KDF look like cowards looking at a 20 sec countdown waiting eagerly to click on that button as fast as they can.

It totally contradicts the infamous Klingon saying, "Today is a good day to die,"

Why the Devs chose a 20 sec cooldown for a race that would rather die an honorable death in battle than to go home in disgrace is beyond me.

The Romulan race seems more of a , Live to fight another day so a 20 sec Battle Cloak would make more sense.
If I recall correctly. Martok once said, "There is nothing more honorable than victory."

That said, Romulans have built their entire strategy since time immemorial around effective use of the cloaking device. Their ships are supposed to abuse them, it's their thing.

If anything don't nerf the inherent cloak on the ship, nerf the BOFF bonus. Otherwise you're forcing players that may want to have a little variety in their crew to instead field a pure Romulan crew, and I thought this story arc was supposed to make Romulans less racist?
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"

Last edited by captaind3; 05-02-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Career Officer
# 125
05-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
We are definitely working on that.
Is the "multiple dismissed ships coming back on map change" bug related to the missing boffs on map change bug? Because when I click on a boff in the character screen both things are fixed at the same time, at least until the next map change.
Join Unrepentant!

Commander
# 126
05-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasandaro View Post
bonus round: yep, they're balancing around a c-store console. fan~tas~tic. mandatory 500z burn, anyone?
You forgot to mention the almost guaranteed 3 minute cooldown the console will have making it not worth the console slot.

No activated ability special console with a 3 minute CD are really worth the slot. With 1 or 2 possible exceptions.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 127
05-02-2013, 07:54 AM
Can anyone who was receiving the 64x64 Texture crash before, confirm that it is no longer occurring after the patch?
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Captain
# 128
05-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Can anyone who was receiving the 64x64 Texture crash before, confirm that it is no longer occurring after the patch?
Mine is working perfectly so far.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Empire Veteran
# 129
05-02-2013, 09:45 AM
The change of the Cloaking cool down from 20 to 40 seconds seems quite excessive, why was it needed?
Ensign
# 130
05-02-2013, 10:00 AM
when can level up agian on tribbel with the romulans