Captain
# 31
05-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umaeko View Post

I'm very interested in hearing what justified this change.
Good luck.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Republic Veteran
# 32
05-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I'd like to know what justifies the increase on the battle cloak cooldown.

At 40 seconds, most of the "battle" in "Battle Cloak" has pretty much been neutered. Not to mention Romulan Cloaking is supposedly better than Klingon cloaks, and Klingons have a shorter 15 second cooldown?

Is this because of the in-built traits Romulans have... with this being an attempt to 'pad' the cooldown times to compensate for the racial bonuses? If that's the case, you've more or less crippled the racial bonus Romulans were supposed to get - less a bonus and more a compensation for a penalty.

I'm very interested in hearing what justified this change.
Problem will be solved when they do the same to KDF and Fed ships later on (I'm pretty sure that's coming since Romulans can use KDF ships from T1-4), so the Romulans get the faster cooldowns.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Commander
# 33
05-01-2013, 04:43 PM
More horrible nerfs to the Romulans before they are even released.

40 second cooldown on battle cloak is excessive. Granted 20 was a bit too short. 30 would be fine.

30 second cooldown on singularity powers is still pointless when you can't charge it for at least 40 seconds after you use it.
Career Officer
# 34
05-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Quote:
At 40 seconds, most of the "battle" in "Battle Cloak" has pretty much been neutered.
Its because with Boffs and a captain trait, you can get up to a 72.5% CD reduction. At 20s, that means it went all the way down to 5.5s; Way OP. With 40s, it goes down to 11s (better than the previous base, but not like you have have a get out of jail free card).
Republic Veteran
# 35
05-01-2013, 04:48 PM
taking a glass half full approach here, lets try to remember that all these changes at this point are in testing to see how it goes and what feedback they get so I will wait it out and see. That being said 40 seconds does seem a bit long specially considering how fast pace the combat is
Republic Veteran
# 36
05-01-2013, 04:49 PM
I hope Sela's cape is the biggest cape ever....A cape that will make Spawn jealous.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Rihannsu
# 37
05-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Well, I see two schools of thought on this:
1. Padding cooldown times all over so to make the Romulans look like their racial benefits counts for something in comparison to other factions, while not making the end bonus 'overpowered'. End result, though, is that everyone's cloak ends up being affected and effectively gimped. A 40 second cooldown battlecloak has only tenuous ownership to that title.

2. Keep the cloak cooldown like it was, and instead alter the scope of the Romulan racial ability. That way, only one race is altered, rather than messing around with cloaking devices everywhere!

Personally, I thought the short cloaking cooldown times were acceptable. It did make Enhance Battle Cloaking redundant... but if you went and got a romulan bridge crew with all the right boosts to make that happen (rather than getting other advantages from other BOFFs)... why not? There was a caveat, with the singularity mechanic, already.

Or heck, if it goes too far, apply a diminishing return.

In any case, IMHO I think the whole cloak cooldown nerf is rather disingenious.
Empire Veteran
# 38
05-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Cryptic you have nerfed my Romulan....I am displeased. The whole point of playing a Romulan is to use your cloak, get in hit em, cloak, get out and so on.
"We are the United Federation of Planets and we come in peace....unless you have something we want, or refuse to join us, then you have no choice."
Better dead then Fed!
Republic Veteran
# 39
05-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
Cryptic you have nerfed my Romulan....I am displeased. The whole point of playing a Romulan is to use your cloak, get in hit em, cloak, get out and so on.
Ummm, not when it's 5 seconds.

this is still a game....and no one should have that much of an advantage.

Empire Veteran
# 40
05-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnlbrtnfrnt View Post
Ummm.... why BOPs. We Romulans INVENTED the freaking cloak and sold the dumb Klingons - errr our glorious new masters - inferior cloaking Technology.

The Klingon cloaks should be ones with the longest cooldowns
That is fanon and wasn't stated on screen.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.