Career Officer
# 1 Tal-Shiar?
05-11-2013, 06:25 AM
I tried searching in the sub-forum for my question, but I think I screwed something up and didn't get any hits.

Is there currently a way to join with the Tal-Shiar and not the Republic? I vaguely recall a devblog mentioning that at some point we will get to choose who to side with, but I don't know if that's been scrapped or not.

At one point in the tutorial you have some dialogue with Hakeev, I was a bit antagonistic, but if I had been submissive would anything have changed?

Thanks!
-Quiiliitiila
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Vote YES to the Jupiter Class Dreadnought!
Don't know what it is? Visit my forum HERE
And now check out the new Jupiter Class Dreadnought forum HERE
Republic Veteran
# 2
05-11-2013, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiiliitiila View Post
I tried searching in the sub-forum for my question, but I think I screwed something up and didn't get any hits.

Is there currently a way to join with the Tal-Shiar and not the Republic? I vaguely recall a devblog mentioning that at some point we will get to choose who to side with, but I don't know if that's been scrapped or not.

At one point in the tutorial you have some dialogue with Hakeev, I was a bit antagonistic, but if I had been submissive would anything have changed?

Thanks!
-Quiiliitiila
No, it wouldn't, because Haveek hates everyone. (but especially you)
And there isn't any way to join the Tal Shiar.
Formerly GT-01. Runnin' a small lite-RP casual fleet called "The Voyagers"! Message me in-game at either Salen@GT01 or Xavok@GT01 if yer interested.
Here's my neat Idea's Thread.
Captain
# 3
05-11-2013, 06:49 AM
I think you mistook the choice betweeen KDF and FED alliance to a republic-talshiar choice.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Career Officer
# 4
05-11-2013, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
I think you mistook the choice betweeen KDF and FED alliance to a republic-talshiar choice.
No, I was mistaking the nebulousness of the first devblog about the "three" factions within the Romulan society. Pretty much they made it seem like you would eventually have to choose between D'tan and Sela, but I suppose not D:

Thanks!
-Quiiliitiila
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Vote YES to the Jupiter Class Dreadnought!
Don't know what it is? Visit my forum HERE
And now check out the new Jupiter Class Dreadnought forum HERE
Rihannsu
# 5
05-11-2013, 09:19 AM
Gecko and a few of the other talk about this in like every interview at the moment. Tal Shair are not bad, not evil THERE VERY VERY VERY BAD AND EVIL!

it comes down too that most people don't want to play VERY EVIL and BAD toons, I know you want too, but i mean in general, and the numbers prove this, (they talk about the numbers in City of Hero's vs. City of Villains, and KDF vs. Fed etc.)

Also the other reason is the story. They want the Tal Shair to be the bad guys... they're working with the Iconians and there up too a lot of bad stuff.
Captain
# 6
05-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanokskyrat View Post
Gecko and a few of the other talk about this in like every interview at the moment. Tal Shair are not bad, not evil THERE VERY VERY VERY BAD AND EVIL!

it comes down too that most people don't want to play VERY EVIL and BAD toons, I know you want too, but i mean in general, and the numbers prove this, (they talk about the numbers in City of Hero's vs. City of Villains, and KDF vs. Fed etc.)

Also the other reason is the story. They want the Tal Shair to be the bad guys... they're working with the Iconians and there up too a lot of bad stuff.
For the horde!
Ensign
# 7
05-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:

But City of Heroes came out years before City of Villians. And you have to be Fed to get to the KDF. Doesn't that massively skew the numbers? And even if it doesn't, shouldn't the people who want to play bad guys have an option? We have three factions and the worst ones are the honorable opponent Klingons. Is there no possibility of playing a Romulan as a Romulan?
Captain
# 8
05-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Quote:

Agreed with this ^^^^

Most people want to be the next kirk , picard,janeway or sisko to live out their fanboy fantasies lol
Career Officer
# 9
05-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:

no it comes down to the Dev don't wont you to play bad guys not the player !!!
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Career Officer
# 10
05-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
Most people want to be the next kirk , picard,janeway or sisko to live out their fanboy fantasies lol
I could get that if we where talking fed's but not romulans
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.