Captain
# 11
05-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnlbrtnfrnt View Post
its so hard to compare. i mean they changed ALL (or so they say) textures.

With out a side by side actually in the game I cant really tell. Some stuff looks better. or seems to. Some things seem to maybe not look as great and most everything looks the same.

The one console image to me looks like its was a size issue. Like it needed to be (made up) 4x4 and its only a 2x2
Not sure what monitor you have then, but its more then clear just by moving your camera that all textures are shimmering as hell..
Empire Veteran
# 12
05-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Anyone else has wildly flickering character skin textures?

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Career Officer
# 13
05-03-2013, 03:38 PM
I really would like a reply from a dev on this.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8759/comp3q.jpg

I don't like that something I paid for is being degraded with this update. We buy these things for how they look. If this can't be reversed, give us an option to opt out of the "upgrade" because -this- is not an upgrade at all, it's a downgrade.
Republic Veteran
# 14
05-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
Anyone else has wildly flickering character skin textures?
Face? http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=619811

Latest Nvidia beta 320 driver fixes the flickering/black/green textures. http://www.geforce.com/
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Since reading this thread I have noticed most consoles have issues. They get very pixalated. And its a very chunky pixalation. Like a tiny image has been blown up way too much. You get a certain distance and its fairly bad.

Also since the patch yesterday, Over all to me all the graphics seem downgraded. Nothing is crisp or what I am used to. Every thing seems a bit hazy.

It is most noticable in space battles. All the energy weapons fire is no sharp or what I am used to these past few years.

The only way I know how to describe what I am seeing today is muddy,

IMO what I am seeing is NOT high rez. My card and monitor are what would be labeled "high end". Tons of RAM and my bandwidth is really really high.

This morning I feel like I am playing on a cheap lap top.
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Tried to do screen shots but it doesnt really explain what I was seeing.

ON Taris' ship, the mission where you fight waves of Remans... the doors all have a red or green light in the middle. This changes at least 3X I could notice.

A few feet away it was the chunky pixelation, Get a little closer and it changes to a nearly normal look. Get a little closer and it gets pixelated again but slightly finer.

On my Romulan ship, down in engineering and in the halls, most wall monitors are very chunky pixelated. NO straight lines but rather stair step looking ones. Getting closer only makes them become a bit more blurred. Being farther away never makes them look normal.
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Captain
# 17
05-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Perhaps something is wrong with some filter applied to the textures? Or isnt? lol
Commander
# 18
05-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Not good!

Rework of the consoles is the minimum they have to do.
Career Officer
# 19
05-04-2013, 05:17 PM
I just checked the recent update (3rd) and on the Belfast bridge at least, it looks like the console textures are back to how they used to be. I took screens and compared and they are the same as they are in the live game again. Hope they stay that way.
Career Officer
# 20
05-04-2013, 06:05 PM
AH! I found another texture set that got garbled on bridges.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5330/comp7.jpg

The paintings got screwed up just like the consoles did. Might need to replace them as well. I checked a couple bridges and they all had lower quality paintings on Tribble.

PS. Yes, I'm obsessive. I'm also a graphic artist and 3D modeler. I can't help but notice these things. XD