Captain
# 41
05-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by averis76 View Post
Just checked some of the textures for the May 7th update and still no change.
I suggest that you file an in-game bug report with all your screenshots and then post the same report to the Tribble bugs forum with the ticket ID. It's possible that tacofangs may not have seen this thread.
Career Officer
# 42
05-08-2013, 12:32 PM
That may be a good idea. I think he's seen it, though, or maybe got word when I told Dan about it in-game, since the ship consoles were fixed. But still would be nice to get some confirmation on what the story / plan is.
Empire Veteran
# 43
05-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Tbh, most of those screenshots look exactly the same to me. Also, most of them look much worse than what I see in-game.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 44
05-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
Tbh, most of those screenshots look exactly the same to me. Also, most of them look much worse than what I see in-game.
for me the game is starting to get the cheap Champions Online look instead of the STO I've known for years.

If they want to use sub par textures thats fine but whats happening is that they they are being mixed together. So you have nice sharp looking detailed things next to muddy low rez stippled looking ones. Makes the "updated" textures stand out as being bad.
Survivor of Romulus
# 45
05-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
Tbh, most of those screenshots look exactly the same to me.
You should really go to the opticians and check your eyes
Captain
# 46
05-08-2013, 03:33 PM
I know the new textures some are better some are worse, but please post screenshots in a lossless format or something.

/screenshot (or screenshot_ui) already makes it jpg rather then a lossless bmp, and then u go and edit them with red markers and save it again as jpg, double loss in quality.

Use printscreen instead and Ctrl+V in mspaint then save it as lossless bmp/png please for some decent comparisons.
Career Officer
# 47
05-08-2013, 03:53 PM
One jpg isn't consistantly being degraded more than the other, you don't need lossless to get the idea of whats going on. You could also just log in and notice the whole game is annoyingly shiny, things look cleaner and sharper from a distance, then you zoom in and its all blotchy and overly reflective, which hides most defects from far off.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Career Officer
# 48
05-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
I know the new textures some are better some are worse, but please post screenshots in a lossless format or something.

/screenshot (or screenshot_ui) already makes it jpg rather then a lossless bmp, and then u go and edit them with red markers and save it again as jpg, double loss in quality.

Use printscreen instead and Ctrl+V in mspaint then save it as lossless bmp/png please for some decent comparisons.
I'm not about to make all those again. If you can't tell the difference then look in the game for yourself. I think it's fairly obvious what the differences are, jpeg or not.
Captain
# 49
05-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by averis76 View Post
I'm not about to make all those again. If you can't tell the difference then look in the game for yourself. I think it's fairly obvious what the differences are, jpeg or not.
The point being that saving it multiple times with compression affect the image quality so the comparisons are not a real reflection of the real thing.

Im not denying some textures became garbled.
Captain
# 50
05-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
One jpg isn't consistantly being degraded more than the other, you don't need lossless to get the idea of whats going on. You could also just log in and notice the whole game is annoyingly shiny, things look cleaner and sharper from a distance, then you zoom in and its all blotchy and overly reflective, which hides most defects from far off.
And that idiotically increased sharpness/shinyness is indeed something which needs to be 'fixed'

And on another note, alot of these things are only properly visible in the game itself, no screenshot can show the high amount of shimmering from the overly sharpened textures, only a moving camera and real time rendering can show that.

So I think i have two valid arguments.

Again not denying that these textures overpass have been pretty bad at times.