Ensign
# 21
05-02-2013, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Maintenance is ALWAYS around this time every week, and it has ALWAYS cut events short like that as a result.

Perhaps it would have been wise if you had employed some foresight yourself and not procrastinated until the last minute. Procrastination is rarely a good gameplan for life.
Then they should have known and announced the timelimit 3 hours earlier. I for one didn't know it and lost the last shard due to it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-02-2013, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
If you are not able to complete it before the event ends, you need not to worry about it for now Having an unfinished event project slotted will in no way be a detriment to you at this time. When we eventually introduce a new event project, we should have a solution available for players to pursue and we'll make every effort to inform the community about it before action is needed.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Can we talk about how it was marketed that it runs till 1PM EST; but in actuality ran till 9am EST? False advertising much?

Quote:
Not to sound selfish or anything, I just cant imagine I'm the only one.
You're not.
Captain
# 23
05-02-2013, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
If you are not able to complete it before the event ends, you need not to worry about it for now Having an unfinished event project slotted will in no way be a detriment to you at this time. When we eventually introduce a new event project, we should have a solution available for players to pursue and we'll make every effort to inform the community about it before action is needed.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
What about those who weren't able to start it because of connectivity issues ? My game's been down 3 weeks because of launcher/patch issues, will I have the opportunity to participate in this event ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Ensign
# 24
05-02-2013, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varthelm View Post
Wow...don't mean to gripe but I had 3 toons timed down to 2 hrs prior to the CC event ending and you guys go for maintenance right before it ends? A little foresight and doing the maintenance after the event is over would have been dare I say logical?

At the least extend the end time of the event by the 3hrs we'll lose prior to event end. Might be able to squeeze it in at lunch!

Not to sound selfish or anything, I just cant imagine I'm the only one.

THIS +1

When you advertise an event is going on until 10am PST on 5/2, you are telling us we can PLAY the event until its end time.

I woke up this morning to go for my last crystal before 10, and lo.... You had decided to start maint at 6am! Effectively cutting the event short by 4 hours!
Ensign
# 25 Hate maintenance
05-02-2013, 07:24 AM
This is the first time i felt disappointment regarding STO

Last edited by dadolec; 05-02-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-02-2013, 07:29 AM
seems like an awfully long downtime for a couple of minor things
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-02-2013, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radefox View Post
THIS +1

When you advertise an event is going on until 10am PST on 5/2, you are telling us we can PLAY the event until its end time.

I woke up this morning to go for my last crystal before 10, and lo.... You had decided to start maint at 6am! Effectively cutting the event short by 4 hours!
that really sucks pal
Career Officer
# 28
05-02-2013, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radefox View Post
THIS +1

Absolutely. I for one don't know when maintenance occurs because I am usually asleep during that time. I went by the event timeline and figured I would wake up early to finish it off only to see scheduled maintenance. Missing completion by one shard.

I also think these missions need displayable timers as well. I can't always log in at specific times during the "day" so my 20 hours can start or end times that don't match PDT (I'm on Hawaii Standard Time) leaving me with the possibility of being short. A timer would help me better gauge.
Captain
# 29
05-02-2013, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadolec View Post
This is the first time i felt disappointment regarding STO
Thats a feeling your going to have to get used to with STO
Ensign
# 30
05-02-2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
Thats a feeling your going to have to get used to with STO
I don't think so, next time I'll leave and never look back.
Closed Thread