Captain
# 1 Critique my Mobius build
05-01-2013, 06:40 PM
So I recently commissioned a Mobius temporal destroyer. I've never used a sci/tac ship before, and I need advice on how to make the most of it. I've seen some that are incredibly tanky in PvP, but I don't know how they do it. Here is my current build for it:

Fore weapons: [Advanced Fleet Antiproton Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Dmg]x3 [Acc]]x3, [Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher]
Aft: [Antiproton Turret Mk XII [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]]x3
Deflector: [Positron Deflector Array Mk XII [ShdS] [Stl]]
Engines: [Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines Mk XI]
Shields: [Elite Fleet Adaptive Covariant Shield Array Mk XII [Cap]x2 [ResB] [Adapt]]
Engineering consoles: [Console - Universal - Assimilated Module], [Console - Engineering - Neutronium Alloy Mk X]
Science consoles: [Console - Tachyokinetic Converter], [Console - Science - Field Generator Mk XI]x3
Tactical consoles: [Console - Tactical - Antiproton Mag Regulator Mk XI]x4

Boffs:
Ltc. Uni: TSS 1, TSS 2, VM 1
Lt. Uni: HE 1, HE 2

Cm. Tac: TT 1, TS 2 (I may change this one to something else), CRF 2, APD 3
Lt. Tac: TT 1, CRF 1

Ens. Eng: EPtS 1

Suggestions, comments, criticism, post 'em. I want to get the most out of this awesome ship. I'm not sure if I should use VM or some other science ability, but I plan on having fun with that Ltc. Uni slot with a sci boff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.

Last edited by voporak; 05-01-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Captain
# 2
05-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Well, I haven't really done PvP, but in general you're better off with a resilient rather than covariant shield, and with more eng boff slots than you're currently using (maybe move the Lt. over and take a second EPtS1 and either RSP or A2SIF). I'd also think you'd want the Zero Point Energy Conduit, that extra crit is very nice. Finally, don't you need at least one APO to break tractors for PvP? (I'd probably go to an all energy build to facilitate that.) Those thoughts should get you started at least.
Captain
# 3
05-01-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm not going for all energy (I've got the fleet TER for that) nor engineering focus (I've got the fleet PE for that). I want to go for science for once. The APD is there for my own defense, though I was debating whether to switch it with APO. I'm really interested in known what to use the Ltc. sci slot for (where VM is right now), as I want at least one mess-with-the-other-player ability.
Quote:
Quote:
Captain
# 4
05-01-2013, 07:10 PM
What are you going to do when someone throws a tractor beam on you?
Captain
# 5
05-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
What are you going to do when someone throws a tractor beam on you?
Wait it out or use evasive. Like I said, I may change APD to APO.
Quote:
Quote:
Commander
# 6
05-02-2013, 06:56 AM
I'll have to get home and log on to remember my Boffs precisely, but I'll give you a general sense of the tanker end of the Mobius PvP spectrum.

I know everyone hates to hear it, but you really need the temporal warfare set. Temporal Inversion is possibly the most useful ability available when you use it on a temporal ship. The tipler cylinder from the wells is useful, but not as critical. TI field AoE debuffs speed and turnrate, helping you score some extra crits with your AP weapons, buffs your turn rate to help keep enemies in arc, and lowers your cool downs immensely for 20 seconds, letting you spike harder and more often, as well as getting your heals recharged nice a quick. It's almost essential against good JHAS pilots.

I recommend using Aegis engines/deflector. The mobius is kind of a whale for a small ship, and the Aegis engines will help with that as long as you hit at least 48 engine power. The 10% total defense values from the Aegis 2 piece is also essential, even if TB or something else slows you to a crawl you should still have a positive defense rating. Stick with elite fleet shields, those are best regardless.

You only need one of those field gens. IIRC they suffer from some form of diminishing returns, and you would be better suited to have the ZPEC and Rule 62 console in there.

Running at least 2 romulan boffs will maximize your AP weapon potential.

Your boff set up is not terrible, but I'll give my own as well, as its more flexible, and tankier.

LtC. Uni, sci : TB1, HE2/TSS2, TSS3/HE2
Lt. Uni, eng, : EPtS1, RSP
Cm. tac : TT1, CRF1, CRF2, APO3
Lt. tac : TT1, BO2
Ens. eng : EPtS1

Weapons fore : 3x AP DHC (acc x2 or better), Chroniton Dual Beam
Weapons aft : 1x AP turret, KCB, TDD or 2x AP turret and TDD

Console as you have except swap 2 field gens for ZPE and Rule 62 ( or ZPE and Tipler ).

Personally, I use batteries a lot, as "oh ****" and buffs, I recommend Weapons or Shields batteries, or the resist thing or RMC if you want.

DOFFs, Exocomp for battery buffs, Battery cool down doff, TB shield drain doff, 2 BFI doffs, either 2 shield or 1 resist and 1 shield.

The tractor beam and temporal inversion slow things down for maximum crits, important on the AP weapons, EPtS rotation is essential, at least for now, RSP is also essential for PvP. Choose the higher TSS or HE depending on your play style, although I usually run with HE2 and TSS3.

Temporal torpedo is used in two ways, either strip a shield facing and hit EM and spin real quick for hull damage. or if they have TT running or obscene shields, overshoot and hit it as you pass to nerf movement and cool down timers. They also make great mine decoys.

I know it doesn't seem right to use only TB1 with that awesome Ltc. Sci, but TB is essential, as are the higher heals..

If you get the Tipler cylinder, don't make the mistake of thinking of it only as an "oh ****". Instead, use it situationally to recharge all your abilities as well, and it can be very effective to do a full spike twice within 10 seconds or so if stacked with inversion.

And I am aware that many will recommend the standard 2 Borg + Elite Shield gear combo, but the fact is, the defense as well as the higher speed from Aegis engines far outweighs the proc heal on the Borg 2 piece.

Cheers!
Career Officer
# 7
05-02-2013, 07:40 AM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=172

I am running a modified version of this build with a sci captain at the helm. Using phasers instead of AP, torp instead of BO. Absolutely love it.

Not running the temporal set, obviously.
Commander
# 8
05-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrocer56 View Post
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=172

I am running a modified version of this build with a sci captain at the helm. Using phasers instead of AP, torp instead of BO. Absolutely love it.

Not running the temporal set, obviously.
Yeah as you can tell my build is inspired by the DDIS build, but after extensive playtime I've tweaked it substantially. For PvE I do use the Borg/elite combo along with torpedoes up front, but I've found that it lacks the punch to knock out shield facings quickly enough to get reliable kills in PvE.

PS to really make this thing sick for PvE, change the Ltc. Sci to HE1, TSS2, GW1 + GW Doff, swap in BFAW, TS, and CSV for tac powers with Chroniton torps, chron beam, and 2DHCs up front, and make utter movement nerf mayhem ensue with extreme prejudice.
Career Officer
# 9
05-02-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jornado View Post
Yeah as you can tell my build is inspired by the DDIS build, but after extensive playtime I've tweaked it substantially. For PvE I do use the Borg/elite combo along with torpedoes up front, but I've found that it lacks the punch to knock out shield facings quickly enough to get reliable kills in PvE.

PS to really make this thing sick for PvE, change the Ltc. Sci to HE1, TSS2, GW1 + GW Doff, swap in BFAW, TS, and CSV for tac powers with Chroniton torps, chron beam, and 2DHCs up front, and make utter movement nerf mayhem ensue with extreme prejudice.

Very nasty PVE idea indeed

ETA: my current build with total pvp slant http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...ciscortpvpv2_0

Last edited by mrgrocer56; 05-02-2013 at 11:14 AM.