Survivor of Romulus
I don't think our Rom/Rem toons should have to start at 0 in the Reputation system. After all, we find the planet, survey it, and help build it from very early in the story arc. I can understand grinding Omega/Nukara if one chooses to, but I think you should give a Rom a bone, if you know what I'm saying.
Maybe we could start at Tier 3? All the hard work of the story arc has to count for something. And it is our technology, why do we have earn it (or at least work as hard to earn it)?
What'da'ya say?
Career Officer
# 2
05-01-2013, 11:41 PM
This has been mentioned a few other times in a few other posts, all of which people mostly agreed with your statement.

However, the chances that Cryptic is going to lessen our grind in anyway shape or form is, lets say slim to none.
Commander
# 3
05-01-2013, 11:44 PM
That's the general consensus on it. I'd be happy if we start at Tier 1; a little advantage, but not game breaking.

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1 Playtester
Ensign
# 4
05-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Maybe all the story missions for Romulans give Rom Marks
Captain
# 5
05-02-2013, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siphan View Post
Maybe all the story missions for Romulans give Rom Marks
Excellent idea btw. I was thinking about the same. Or grant romulan faction exp for each mission.
Career Officer
# 6
05-02-2013, 12:08 AM
We should be earning Romulan Reputation when we do these Romulan missions, after all its stupid to think that we helped found the Romulan Republic and have nothing for reputation?

Besides, it would put Romulan players more on even ground against Federation and KDF players whom already unlocked the Romulan Reputation system.
Commander
# 7
05-02-2013, 12:17 AM
Hmm... Romulan missions giving Romulan Reputation? Sounds good.

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1 Playtester
Empire Veteran
# 8
05-02-2013, 01:53 AM
I like this idea as well, but i will play Devil's Advocate.

It's probably good that they don't do this. Because it would give Romulan players a BIG advantage in terms of character development. I mean, even just tier 1 means that...hey, playing a Romulan means you wouldn't have to grind out the first tier.

If it was a larger bonus, like having access to the whole thing would be an even larger boost, and a major disadvantage to non-Romulan players.

On the other end though, it'd be kept fair if Fed/KDF players got a head start on their own rep. In this case, Omega rep would be the most fair option, because the Federation and Klingon Empire have been fighting against the Borg for the longest time, compared to the broken Romulan people, who cannot muster that strength as easily.

So a Romulan toon would gain a big jump ahead on Romulan rep, while a Fed/KDF would get a bonus to Omega. A fair exchange, if this was to happen.

Captain
# 9
05-02-2013, 01:54 AM
Not really. Well when Starfleet and KDF reputation comes, they would have to grind it whole, and feds and kdfs would get their free rep. So they would be even.
Survivor of Remus
# 10
05-02-2013, 03:06 AM
They essentially force you to be part of the Romulan Republic in the storyline; I agree that we shouldn't have to start at the same level as outsiders.