Captain
# 11
05-02-2013, 02:37 AM
I think we all would like to see a leg up as it were but, cryptic couldn't do it because of balance, the rage from Klingon and fed only players would burn for a thousand years!. I feel the same as everyone on this.
Captain
# 12
05-02-2013, 06:05 AM
I think they won't do that because of balance.
In LOTRO, you can be an elf from Rivendell, but you'll start with 0 reputation with them. I haven't done it, but I'm pretty sure in SWTOR you start at 0 reputation, no matter what, and it's probably stupid if you start as a Trooper or an Imperial agent, both part of the military, and some factions are military factions.

But yeah, it's stupid.

However, the idea of romulan mark for the storyline is neat. But knowing cryptic, we would be happy if we earned 1marks per episode.
Career Officer
# 13
05-02-2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
I think they won't do that because of balance.
In LOTRO, you can be an elf from Rivendell, but you'll start with 0 reputation with them. I haven't done it, but I'm pretty sure in SWTOR you start at 0 reputation, no matter what, and it's probably stupid if you start as a Trooper or an Imperial agent, both part of the military, and some factions are military factions.

But yeah, it's stupid.

However, the idea of romulan mark for the storyline is neat. But knowing cryptic, we would be happy if we earned 1marks per episode.
If that. Because replay still means they could repeat them. And that could be very problematic to the overall mark generation [whatever resultant mark generation would have to be such that it's not worth repeating the old missions instead of doing the intended romulan mark missions].

Honestly, a minor head-start is a better idea if anything. Although, even just the dialog being specific to Romulans and explaining the situation would be good.
Captain
# 14
05-02-2013, 09:23 AM
I would love the idea of handing out Romulan Marks as part of mission rewards *if* there was also a clearly themed FED and KDF reputation. Then characters from each faction would gain a "head start" in their own reputation chain, which would make some sense.

But those FED and KDF themed reputations don't really exist yet.

This is something really worth considering going forward, though. A good long term idea.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Empire Veteran
# 15
05-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Also worth mentioning is that as romulan, the entire new romulus dialogs treats you as a simple member of your allied faction. And not the one that actually found that blasted planet in the first place, or the sword and so on.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 16
05-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudoku7 View Post
If that. Because replay still means they could repeat them. And that could be very problematic to the overall mark generation [whatever resultant mark generation would have to be such that it's not worth repeating the old missions instead of doing the intended romulan mark missions].

Honestly, a minor head-start is a better idea if anything. Although, even just the dialog being specific to Romulans and explaining the situation would be good.
THey don't have to be rewarded on mission replay.
Empire Veteran
# 17
05-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
Also worth mentioning is that as romulan, the entire new romulus dialogs treats you as a simple member of your allied faction. And not the one that actually found that blasted planet in the first place, or the sword and so on.
"So you're the one who found New Romulus for us? Yeah, that's what they all say. Now go tag some bunnies."
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING