Ensign
# 1 Reporting People
05-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Is there any reason to report someone (as in does pwe care and do something about it) for sitting in an STF and just needing on loot and getting XP , or [insert snarky comment because you can't vote kick them from a public pve].
When it happens I just quit, im not supporting a leech.
Career Officer
# 2
05-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terson777 View Post
Is there any reason to report someone (as in does pwe care and do something about it) for sitting in an STF and just needing on loot and getting XP , or [insert snarky comment because you can't vote kick them from a public pve].
When it happens I just quit, im not supporting a leech.
Reporting leechers to a GM does not have any effect. The AFKers really used to annoy me but I decided that I will leave without much emotion if someone like that is in a public PvE.

Sometimes I also contact their fleet leader, and those who care about the reputation of their fleet will at least kick the leechers from their fleet or deal with them somehow.

We all should immediately leave a PvE if there is a leecher present to make it as hard and unprofitable for them as possible.
Empire Veteran
# 3
05-02-2013, 09:13 AM
I've had a leecher in my fleet reported to me.

we take that very seriously, however proving leeching claims is very difficult

and there can be many reasons why someone could appear to be leecher in a isolated incident, but not actually be leecher.

screen shots can sometimes help, so can multiple claims from various sources

also report the leecher to a GM

but the amount of leechers is relatively low, try to enjoy the game despite the leecher. Thankfully all of the PvEs can be easily completed with 4 people
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-02-2013, 09:44 AM
I had 1 player who as far as I was concerned AFK in Khitomer a few weeks ago... At least untill a rogue cube decided that (s)he was a juicy target. After that the player was active during the whole eSTF.
Career Officer
# 5
05-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootyboots View Post
Thankfully all of the PvEs can be easily completed with 4 people
And this is exactly why leeching works.
Captain
# 6
05-02-2013, 03:55 PM
also make it impossible to play the loot wheel when you are in the respawn countdown

Right, first I'll take those teef out for yer, dat should help ease da pain in yer leg. Grokkit, hand me that wrench. Now then... Open wide, and say... AAARGH!
Empire Veteran
# 7
05-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootyboots View Post
I've had a leecher in my fleet reported to me.

we take that very seriously, however proving leeching claims is very difficult

and there can be many reasons why someone could appear to be leecher in a isolated incident, but not actually be leecher.

screen shots can sometimes help, so can multiple claims from various sources

also report the leecher to a GM

but the amount of leechers is relatively low, try to enjoy the game despite the leecher. Thankfully all of the PvEs can be easily completed with 4 people
Did not Branflakes give a way to report su h, pr am I miss rembering?

Love the forum name btw. Makes me think of my Wife in thigh stilletos and its fun to say.
"bootyboots" <giggles>
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 8
05-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Ive been known to go AFK a few times in STFs, only for the reason that the team is utter fail, dont listen or just generally go out of their way to ruin any chance of half decent rewards, so I sit out the way and laugh at them, I stay typing though.
Why would I do that rather than just leave? Not for the reward but more for the fact I dont want an hours leavers penalty slapped on me across all STFs because of a couple of idiots incapable of doing the simplest of tasks.
Ensign
# 9
05-02-2013, 07:12 PM
I have no problem with people going afk. Real life happens. Its the people who just sit at the start and need on loot which i hate.
Career Officer
# 10
05-02-2013, 09:16 PM
if you see somone doing that right click on thiere name report to gm
they are working on away to stop that to where you have to do stuff in mission to get rewards. they won't get much xp justing there.
watch for logging out not leaving that is a new tactic
don't worry customer service is watching STF's and PVP very close right.
so just report them do a ticket they will pass it to Geko and then they will be banned