Career Officer
# 21
05-23-2013, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsteward View Post
i like your solution as well.. its easy simple and solves the problem basically without any need for cryptic/pwe to get involved
Thank You !!! At least you took the time to read the solution. You are quite correct in your hypothesis that it would be basically maintenance free.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-23-2013, 07:20 AM
Hello, I've been playing a while. After I first started I found out about STF... I looked over the information on them and knew - even though I was 50, that I was in no way prepared to join. Then one day I was trying to get into a 'lowbee' STF and accidentally got into an Elite one... YIKES! I immediately said that I made a mistake in joining, and more than one person said "It happens, kill! kill!" I did what I could and died more times than I'd admit. When it was over I apologized many times, everyone said that it happens and one said: "Now you at least see how Elite really is.." I also did this last month with the ?Hive Onslaught? and actually only died once as opposed to everyone else dying multiple times! YAY! lol Then I did that with the one where you protect that ship, wave after wave came... I told everyone upon entry that I got in here by accident, and again more than one person said that it happens. I was assigned to protect the ship and we only lasted till the 5 or 6th wave. Now I'm wondering if there's a bug there...

Anyway - for at least the last 6 months I too have seen leechers, players whom definitely do not know what they're doing or how to do it 'properly' and those whom just don't want to listen, and on a few occasions those whom are apparently trying their best to wreck the STF for others... I've also seen where people have different variations on what and how to do things and even been yelled at for not doing something, or doing it wrong, ect.

With that said, it seems that there's a 'lower level' of players entering the game or I'm just starting to run into them... Or we all are... Back then a lot of people where helpful and such and pretty much everyone worked as a team! YAY! Now-a-days that doesn't seem to happen as much, very sad.

I support Arnthebard's idea!!! But a little 'review' by the powers that be would be necessary in so far as say for example: If someone has more than 50 'ignores' - that person definitely needs to be reviewed!!! Because with that many ignores within STF's is an almost definite sign that 'they' are a leech! Now - come to think of it - maybe a bit of change to 'the system' would be necessary to indicate where that person was ignored would help 'the powers that be' although I'd imagine it wouldn't be much.
Commander
# 23
05-24-2013, 07:47 AM
I've reported afk players in Colony invasion, however i don't see Cryptic doing much and nothing about this issue, as in punishing the individual, Cryptic are in fact punishing themselves. Its potentially stopping a paying customer from playing the game and spending money if a ban is implemented, or losing that player from the game altogether.
Now i know we wouldn't shed a tear to see the back of these types of players, and i can never understand entering a mission and going afk esp in Pug groups where you never know the strength of the team and being 1 man down could make completing the mission a lot longer than actually taking part.
Lieutenant
# 24
05-24-2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seansamurai1 View Post
Ive been known to go AFK a few times in STFs, only for the reason that the team is utter fail, dont listen or just generally go out of their way to ruin any chance of half decent rewards, so I sit out the way and laugh at them
Welcome to the club. It's especially fun to laugh if you're KDF or now a Rommy and just stealth, that way they can't lure things at you while you laugh.
Captain
# 25
05-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Easy. If someone leeches, I encourage everybody to leave team before pushing the leave button.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofpikachu View Post
Not all people mean to go AFK, between lag, server log-outs and bad PCs about of people have no choice.

Some people have reported me for it, when I couldnt join cause of the patching between maps
Exactly. I had a couple STFs get so bad, my starship was stuck for half of the mission, even chat failed; nothing I could do about it except learn why it happened and try to fix it or to not get caught in that situation again. Someone immobilized by a technical issue is not a leach.