Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 749
I won't quote the multitude of threads here about this big issue that you seem to be ignoring. It just seems like that instead of putting science down, you shot it in the leg and are letting it bleed out. I was optimistic until I got a chance to test out Singularity Jump, but was disappointed to see it was just a very pretty Gravity Well II.

What I and other Science Captains wants to know is the following:

1-Why are you killing science? It seems all we can do reliably anymore is heal.
2-Why do you let one faction of your community who keeps crying rivers about "Science is OP! NERF!" dictate your decisions?
3-When did this game become "Escorts PvP Online"?
4-What Career will you add to replace Science after you kill it off completely?
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 692
# 2
05-02-2013, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
I won't quote the multitude of threads here about this big issue that you seem to be ignoring. It just seems like that instead of putting science down, you shot it in the leg and are letting it bleed out. I was optimistic until I got a chance to test out Singularity Jump, but was disappointed to see it was just a very pretty Gravity Well II.

What I and other Science Captains wants to know is the following:

1-Why are you killing science? It seems all we can do reliably anymore is heal.
2-Why do you let one faction of your community who keeps crying rivers about "Science is OP! NERF!" dictate your decisions?
3-When did this game become "Escorts PvP Online"?
4-What Career will you add to replace Science after you kill it off completely?
Simple answer - Pew sells.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 107
# 3
05-02-2013, 02:11 AM
They're re-branding the game to Star Trek Escorts Online.

One Year and Three months waiting for Fleet Galaxy X - "Technical Difficulties" Since 8th Feb 12.
Landmark Technical Difficulties Dates: 13/01/12 - 8/11/12 - 14/11/12 - 14/12/12 - 26/04/13
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,158
# 4
05-02-2013, 02:12 AM
Science? Dead? Are we playing the same game here? Yes, it's true that there are a very large number of Science skills that are, frankly, kinda crap. But there's a reason why the preferred PvP team is 3 Scis and 2 Tacs, and not 5 Tacs: A good Sci will make a dude scream and throw **** at the screen in ways that Tacs and More Pew Pew cannot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 223
# 5
05-02-2013, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
there's a reason why the preferred PvP team is 3 Scis and 2 Tacs, and not 5 Tacs: A good Sci will make a dude scream and throw **** at the screen in ways that Tacs and More Pew Pew cannot.
Correction. STACKED Science will make dudes scream and throw **** at the screen, not SOLO Science. That's why you need 3 Science on your "ideal" PvP team instead of only 2 ... or 1 ... because "merely" 1 or 2 Science is NOT ENOUGH to get the job done, because you need *3* in order to make Science *effective* in combat.

Implicit in your statement is the "fact" that Tactical is +50% more effective than Science, by the way, because you only "need" 2 Tactical Ships to exploit the work of 3 Science Ships.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,139
# 6
05-02-2013, 05:09 AM
They aren't killing it actively, they left it to die a long time ago
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,955
# 7
05-02-2013, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstorion View Post
Simple answer - Pew sells.
this.

its the same as why people hate dannies & their tractorbeams.
the minmaxers roll out spec their ships to dish out and absorb damage exclusivly then sci powers that scud players with drains, pins & aoes that bypass that paradigm get winged about when captain Moar Dakka cant get their dual rappid dakka guns buffed with more rapid dakka power on target.

imo, the way captain powers interact with boff powers needs reworked so that one call of player arent getting a disproportionate advantage over the others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 85
# 8
05-02-2013, 07:33 AM
Because the Tac officers in Defiants can't kill them. PVP has become Escorts Online.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 9
05-02-2013, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Science? Dead? Are we playing the same game here?
Probably not.

Most people are playing headless chicken-fests in PUG arena, with no coordination of any kind.

If your team doesn't coordinate, it's hard to take advantage of what Sci has to offer.

It's one of the quirks of the game.


Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnturning View Post
Correction. STACKED Science will make dudes scream and throw **** at the screen, not SOLO Science.
That's because stacking is intrinsic to Science Captains being a force multipliers.

You can't stack 5 Tac captains and get the same results.

Those 2 Tac captains you are screaming your head off about are only allowed to be effective because of what a good Sci captain brings to the table.

Namely, force multiplication in the way of debuffs and force multiplication in the way of buffs.

Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 282
# 10
05-02-2013, 08:22 AM
my beam boat carrier has taken every escort it has met out, and with zero doffs! Its not escorts online, its just knowing how to correctly pvp and time everything.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:45 PM.