Lt. Commander
?Players will only receive rewards for one mission at a time, once per hour. I pretty sure I know why this is being done. Some days I do foundry missions all day long. So does this mean I have to wait a full hour between each mission before doing another in order to get a reward?
Captain
# 2
05-02-2013, 08:58 AM
No. It means you can only get rewards for a foundry mission once very hour.

If you run longer foundry missions (more than an hour in length) you shouldn't notice a difference.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
05-02-2013, 09:05 AM
per player or per character (some of us have more alts than teeth)

I think per player would be wiser
Captain
# 4
05-02-2013, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
per player or per character (some of us have more alts than teeth)

I think per player would be wiser
Probably per player.

I believe this is the fix for the foundry farming exploit Gecko was talking about in the UGC podcast.
Captain
# 5
05-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Probably per player.

I believe this is the fix for the foundry farming exploit Gecko was talking about in the UGC podcast.
Wow. It's not an exploit at all. It's just farming. And for something witch such low value as Energy Credits. The best gear in the game comes from marks or fleet stores. So all people doing Foundry farming get are Mk X, and Mk XI junk to recycle. If they're cracking down on that, they're wasting both their time and ours. Three years in, there's far more junk floating around in the game than anyone knows what to do with. That Mk XI Uncommon Flow Capacitor is just going to the recycle bin.

I'm stunned anyone cares about that.
Captain
# 6
05-02-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Wow. It's not an exploit at all. It's just farming. And for something witch such low value as Energy Credits. The best gear in the game comes from marks or fleet stores. So all people doing Foundry farming get are Mk X, and Mk XI junk to recycle. If they're cracking down on that, they're wasting both their time and ours. Three years in, there's far more junk floating around in the game than anyone knows what to do with. That Mk XI Uncommon Flow Capacitor is just going to the recycle bin.

Different farming... not EC grinding, which is limited by the daily cooldown on Foundry drops, but Dilithium farming. The method was definitely an exploit, and this change is a direct counter to it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
05-02-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:

Um... no, not energy credits. You're thinking a different thing, which hasn't been treated as an exploit since the foundry loot cap was instituted.

Without divulging any details in how it worked, this exploit allowed a player to get time credit on multiple foundry missions simultaneously while idle on public maps, even across multiple characters, and then turn them all in for the max dilithium. Supposedly there were over 100 of these missions at one point, though I was only aware of the 20 or so that showed up near the top of the "hot" listing. Queue all the ones you can find on one character, switch to an alt, rinse and repeat down your roster, then go have lunch, come back and go down the list turning them all in.

With a few minutes of time invested at each end of an hour, you could hit the refining cap plus a week or more worth of backlog on every character you have.

Far beyond the Fed double-dip in B'tran, far beyond Starbase 24 for those few days it gave 1440 without a cooldown, even far beyond pre-nerf mirror incursion, even. The fact that this one could be done simultaneously across any number of alts meant unlike previous dilithium "exploits" this one wasn't even a little hampered by the refining cap, it flipped the cap both birds while tearing out an awesome drum solo.

Last edited by hevach; 05-02-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Rihannsu
# 8
05-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:

Theyre not doing it to slow down ec farming.
Career Officer
# 9
05-02-2013, 09:20 AM
So we are getting dilithium rewards every hour for a foundry mission? If so, I am sad to hear that.
Captain
# 10
05-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Ah, nevermind then. I don't even want to know about dilithium exploits.