Ensign
# 1 Question about KDF Cloak
05-02-2013, 12:42 PM
I've got a dumb question, but I figured I'd ask anyway... I know that if I'm in a PVP battle that my enemies cannot see me when I'm cloaked. I also know that outside of PVP, if I cloak (say in the space surrounding Qo'Nos) that I can see my fellow KDF members when they cloak (albiet as a blueish transparant outline of their ships.) My question is this: Do FED Players see the same blueish outline if I cloak in front of them, outside of combat? Or do I disappear from their view like in PVP?
BTW, Sorry if this question was asked before. I didn't find it in a search, though.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
05-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Fed players can see you in STFs and other shared content. I'm not completely sure about social zones, but I believe they see you in those as well.
Ensign
# 3
05-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks. I figured as much... Would've been more worth it for the Maurader accolade if the KDF couldn't see you when cloaked in social areas.
Career Officer
# 4
05-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I never got why Cryptic made it that way. Half of the fun of playing a rogue is sneaking up on your friends, heck even Sisko knew that when he introduced the Defiant.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Empire Veteran
# 5
05-02-2013, 04:06 PM
I still feel that cloaking should work everywhere, even sector space.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 6
05-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Don't be so sure about the cloak thing, enemies have ways to spot you even if under cloak in PvP. This will only get worse with the next season coming up.
Forum fun murdered. No longer in service.