Captain
# 1 True Way vs Romulan Republic
05-02-2013, 02:15 PM
So while doing Romulan missions against the True Way, I noticed something. They on several occasions make references to protesting my actions, accusing me of terrorist activities, and questioning the legitimacy of the Romulan Republic in general.

Which I find incredible. Last time I check, The True Way did not represent the Cardassian Union, and was declared a Terrorist organization by everyone in the quadrant.

I realize the legitimacy of the Romulan Republic is shaky at best, but anyone else think the True Way has some serious gal in questioning my actions?
Career Officer
# 2
05-02-2013, 03:01 PM
*g* It's pretty standard. The True Way see themselves as the legitimate Cardassian government. The others are puppet ursurpers that are backed by foreign powers.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Career Officer
# 3
05-02-2013, 03:06 PM
AS mentioned above, the True Way sees itself as the legitimate Cardassians, and quite a bit of their old territory as well. Concidering that the new government is literally a terrorist movement that started when the Dominion took over Cardassia, they kind of have a point.

Therefor they see themselves more as a government-in-exile, while the Republic is nothing more then a terroristic group, fighting against the rightful ruler of their Emporess, Sela. Concidering that they've allied themselves with Sela, and presumably Sela has either recognized them or promised to recognize them as the legitimate government of the Cardassian Union, it's not a long stretch either.

For a modern day example, just look to the Taliban. They see themselves as the government-in-exile of Afghanistan. Everyone else sees them as a terroristic organization. Both are right, it's all a matter of perception

So simply put

True way sees it as a government in exile.
Sela probably sees it as the same, in order to get them to be allies

Everyone else sees them as Terrorists, and since everyone else won, and history is written by the victors, they're now officially a terrorist group.

Last edited by ladymyajha; 05-02-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
05-02-2013, 03:25 PM
I haven't had a chance to see these missions yet, but I'm now greatly looking forward to experiencing the irony.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
I realize the legitimacy of the Romulan Republic is shaky at best
It has no legitimacy. Its a Vichy farce doomed to failure and an insult to our ancestors
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Captain
# 6
05-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnlbrtnfrnt View Post
Its a Vichy farce doomed to failure and an insult to our ancestors
By "ancestors", you mean the billions of Romulan killed by the Tal Shiar when they provoked the Hobus supernova, following Iconian orders ?
Yeah, I can clearly see the legitimacy now.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
05-02-2013, 07:09 PM
I believe the phrase is: "Pot Calling the Kettle Black".
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Captain
# 8
05-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnlbrtnfrnt View Post
It has no legitimacy. Its a Vichy farce doomed to failure and an insult to our ancestors
Ah this coming from a gorn a race who are but slaves to the KDF or have you risen against your masters?

Then perhaps you may explain to your..masters why you doubt the legitmacy of their new allies...im quite sure J'Mpok will be most..understanding.

Last edited by messahla; 05-02-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Captain
# 9
05-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
I believe the phrase is: "Pot Calling the Kettle Black".
My point exactly. At the very least the True Way is no more legitimate then the Romulan Republic, So that is an awfully high horse they seem to be standing on.
Lieutenant
# 10
05-03-2013, 02:33 AM
I did point this out before, in Mine Enemy, there was a refference that Sela was trying to form an Alliance with the True Way, that may have something to do with it