Lt. Commander
# 11
05-03-2013, 05:37 AM
While I don't like True Way they are right, Romulan Republic members are terrorists. Does it hurt to here the truth? TRAITORS & TERRORISTS!
I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
Lieutenant
# 12
05-03-2013, 06:21 AM
Sadly with any such factions in reality, everybody sees their cause as just and right and may view others in a similar situation as wrong.

And how can the Republic be terrorists, haveing played thyem so far I have only seen the target military targets or defend themselves whilst under attack, the attack on the True Way was instigated by false intel by Tal'shiar, even then they where military targets.

Traitors, Sela used military means to claim power and she is sponsored by probably the biggest alien threat to the galaxy.
Career Officer
# 13
05-03-2013, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtoon74 View Post
Sadly with any such factions in reality, everybody sees their cause as just and right and may view others in a similar situation as wrong.

And how can the Republic be terrorists, haveing played thyem so far I have only seen the target military targets or defend themselves whilst under attack, the attack on the True Way was instigated by false intel by Tal'shiar, even then they where military targets.

Traitors, Sela used military means to claim power and she is sponsored by probably the biggest alien threat to the galaxy.
I'm imagining that she has one of those "Sponsored by Pepsi" stickers on her cape now.

Whats the timeline position of these True Way comments? I assume pre-The New Link mission where their Alpha Jem'hadar+founder allies abandon them?
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 14
05-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
I'm imagining that she has one of those "Sponsored by Pepsi" stickers on her cape now.

Whats the timeline position of these True Way comments? I assume pre-The New Link mission where their Alpha Jem'hadar+founder allies abandon them?
Since we are going off of the Romulan Storyline, yes, this is pre-New Link. Though the Alpha Jem'hadar/Founders hardly legitimize the True Way, as they are considered Rogues by THEIR government as well.

Bottomline is at best we still have a "pot calling the kettle black" scenario here. While I don't like calling the Republic terrorists, I will concede that their Legitimacy is in question. However, no more so then the True Way.

In either case neither is representative of their governments.
Career Officer
# 15
05-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtoon74 View Post

it's funny. During the American Revolution, the British concidered the Americans terrorists and traitors. The Americans saw themselves as Freedom Fighters. Neither were wrong, but history is written by the victors. Hell in England, it's not uncommon even today for (half-tongue in cheek) for them to call them the Colonies.

And Sela is the Emperess, elected by what's left of the true Romulan Senate, and as any government, reserves the right to ally with any who they think will strengthen their government and their country. Hell how many countries see the USA as the biggest threat to the world today? Quite a few, some are even allied to them.

So quite a bit is perception. And we can't be sure that the Republic is limited to military targets. If and when you talk to the Republic Intel, she freely admits that she doesn't think D'Tan has done anything, but he's fighting a war and bad decisions had to be made.